motivation

missbeki
missbeki Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been dieting for about 2 months now and for the last two weeks it has seemed impossable! I always want to eat and I havent lost any weight in almost three weeks, and because I saw so much change at first and now I am not seeing any changes latley I dont feel motivated to keep with eating right and working out. I am starting to think that I cant do it!!!

Replies

• I have been dieting for about 2 months now and for the last two weeks it has seemed impossable! I always want to eat and I havent lost any weight in almost three weeks, and because I saw so much change at first and now I am not seeing any changes latley I dont feel motivated to keep with eating right and working out. I am starting to think that I cant do it!!!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Change your exercise rountine, what you eat, when you eat, etc. Keep going for it...you'll make it!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    The harsh truth is, if you think you can do it, you can do it.

If you think you can't do it, you can't.

You can do it.:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    The harsh truth is, if you think you can do it, you can do it.

If you think you can't do it, you can't.

You can do it.:flowerforyou:

Exactly right...well put viviakay:flowerforyou:

btw missbeki? How often do you eat your meals? do you allow yourself healthy snacks between each meal to keep your brain powered up?

It's tough when you see big numbers drop at the beginning (water weight) then not so big as time goes on.

I realize that can be a great motivator....but one thing to think on perhaps is ....don't allow the scale to have so much power over your life. I'ts a tool, like a tape measure, food diary, excercise diary, journaling etc.

A scale really only shows a number ....it could be up 5 lbs. one day, down 7 the next due to water weight.

Consider having someone at your gym (trainer) take your measurements each month, and try and use the same person each time as folks vary in how they do it. If the scale is driving you bananas ....kick it in the closet or walk past it in the gym....

Take some time, journal your food faithfully, honestly, same with workouts and see what begins to happen. Have some clothes in your closet that are to tight?.... perhaps hang something on the back of your door, your skinny jeans, a shirt, whatever it is you would like to use as a mini goal for yourself.

Folks on here have shared how inpired that can keep them to keep on keeping on....

Best of luck to you.........please keep us up on how you are....you're welcome to pM me if you like or anyone on here on MFP is very kind about wanting to help someone that feels stuck, we've all been there, trust me.:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I have been dieting for about 2 months now and for the last two weeks it has seemed impossable! I always want to eat and I havent lost any weight in almost three weeks, and because I saw so much change at first and now I am not seeing any changes latley I dont feel motivated to keep with eating right and working out. I am starting to think that I cant do it!!!

oh just had another thought...:laugh:

You mentioned you were 'dieting'....words can be very powerful tools, for good and for bad.

Perhaps thinking of changing your food habits might better be considered a lifestyle change....as that's really what is going to last, changing your lifestyle, not dieting. Diets are crazy making, frustrating, short lasting, and just plain DON'T WORK in the long term.

:flowerforyou: Please don't give up on yourself....you're worth so much more!:happy:
This discussion has been closed.