Summer exercise......

Options
It's finally getting warm here, the sun is out, and I do NOT feel like popping in a dvd and working out!!! I've lost all my motivation for exercising in my living room!!! :grumble:
Sooooo...... I've been trying to think of other ways to get exercise in, besides doing my 30DS or Zumba. I've gone for walks, even though they don't burn a ton of calories, and have gone swimming, which burns alot actually. Yard work, grass cutting, etc..... I know that burns calories too.... Is anyone else in the same boat as me??? If so, what do you do to burn off some extra calories without if feeling like a huge chore??? I need my motivation back...... but in the meantime, I'd love some advice! Thanks so much!! :smile:

Replies

• Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love exercising in the summer! My favorite thing is just being on or near water. I try to swim at least 3 times per week and I am thinking about buying a kayak for the lakes. Just taking the dogs to the lake to go swimming is a good workout as well. I also like to get out and go hiking, white water rafting, fishing (which includes a lot of walking to get there), or camping. During the fall is hunting season, so I do a lot of hiking then as well.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've taken up running outside and have found that I like it :)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Is swimming or water aerobics an option. Fun, great workout and burns calories!

I don't log activities that are really daily activies like yardwork or cleaning. But many do.

Best of Luck!
  • BIccan1959
    BIccan1959 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hubby & I were walking/bicycling which, as you say, "don't burn a lot of calories" & sometimes feels like a chore so we took these things to a higher level. We still do nightly walks/rides; however, we head out to the various nature trails that make it a bit more challenging & different. On the weekends, we usually do a day trip to another part of the state & either go hiking or mountain bike riding. Just a thought! Good luck!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I get up early and ride my bike before work.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I used to wake up early and go rollerblading at a local park that was pretty flat, but I moved away and haven't had the chance to go rollerblading much. Luckily I'm moving back, so I'll be rollerblading regularly in a few weeks! It's sooooooo much fun! I also hula hoop with a weighted hoop and that's really fun and great for my abs, especially obliques.
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in the OPPOSITE camp. Here in DC, it is hot and humid, I can barely breathe outside. All exercise is done inside in the air conditioning!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i would love to jump on my bike and ride for hours!
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have three friends we have "gym class" every other week...

we do sprints, frisbee, crunches, burpees anything we can come up with . We time each other and compete to see who is fastest, does the most ect... winner makes the game for the next week... looser has to buy lunch
  • bevrcooper
    Options
    hey there! i feel the same. ive been working out on the bowflex and thats great but feel the nd to get outside. so i try daily to at least do some kind of physical exercise whether it be walk,bike ride,swim,gardenig,or anything that involves outdoors. keep ur chin up and make up ur mind and just do it. i have found that its much easier when u have a friend to walk or bike with. good luck! happy summer to you!