Shrimp Meal Ideas

Options
I love love love shrimp however unless someone else is cooking it (ei a resturaunt) i dont eat it bc unfortunatly I have no clue on what to do with excpect dip it in cocktail sauce, so if any of you awesome MFP user can suggest some of your fav healthy shrimp meals i would greatly appreciate it!!! Candy:smile:

Replies

• amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I'm all for shrimp ideas too. All I use it for right now is shrimp stir fry. I have a shrimp pasta recipe I used to make, but it isn't healthy at all. :(
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    shrimp tacos, shrimp etouffee, and there is a wonderful recipe thats shrimp, stewed tomatoes, fresh dill and garlic and feta cheese you could eat it like that or put it over some whole wheat pasta, it is very good and low cal!! You can look these recipes up online
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I marinate raw shrimp in italian dressing and then put them on kabobs on the grill - yum!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i love shrimp tacos....
    Find a low-carb wheat tortilla
    take the shell off the shrimp... saute them in a medium hot pan with garlic, parley and a little white wine or oil (whichever you prefer)
    Take 1/4 cup of fat free sour cream and add chop cilantro and juice from half a lime.

Take tortilla, add lettuce, tomato, shrimp and drizzle the cilantro/lime cream over the top.
    Wrap up and enjoy!

Super easy!
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I usually make stir fry shrimp with egg noodles (egg noodles r low in calories) with some veggies and a bit of garlic and olive oil MMMMMMMMMM
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Sautee it and eat it over my chicken or steak. I only use Mrs. Dash and light butter spray no oil.
  • RyeLite
    RyeLite Posts: 17
    Options
    Ummm lets see....

Shrimp, Casion seasoning, Peanut oil. Fry it up... Done.
    Lay on a bed of Organic Brown Rice, and some stir fry Onions w/ Green peppers
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I got one Imma try for the 4th havent done it yet but its spicey!!!

2 chiplote peppers in adobo sauce
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    4 clover garlic
    1 lemon juiced
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/4 cup cilantro
    1 tsp paprika (Im going to use canye pepper)
    36 shrimp, deveined, tail removed

put peppers, sugar, garlic, lemon and lime, oil, salt paprika/canye and cilantro in a food processor/blendor. Pulse until combined. pur into ziploc bag or shallow bowl add shrimp let marinate for 2-4 hours. put in a skewer and grill for like 3-4 min per side. YUM!! my mouth is watering.....
  • BeShrable
    BeShrable Posts: 10
    Options
    I just tried this recipe out a couple weeks ago and it was delicious! It got a big thumbs up from my two friends I cooked for also. It will definitely go onto our frequent meal list! They have this exact recipe in the MFP food database so it must be pretty popular. I was a little wary that the seasoning for the shrimp would be kind of blah, but it was awesome and so easy! Hope you enjoy it! :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chipotle-shrimp-taco-with-avocado-salsa-verde-recipe/index.html

P.S. They did not have tomatillos at the grocery store so I used half a large green tomato instead.
  • PA21
    PA21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I LOVE cooking with shrimp!
    1. Shrimp sitrfry: get those frozen packs of stirfry veggies, add shrimp 2 minutes before serving. They are cooked when they are opaque. You can add stir fry sauce, soy sauce, sweet & sour, oil, whatever! It's super fast and tasty. Skip rice and add big leaves of lettuce to make "salad wraps" if you want to go ultra healthy!
    2. Shrimp Tom Yum Soup: you can usually pick up tom yum soup (also hot & sour soup) packets which is a delicious asian soup. (watch the sodium)
    3. Add to a thai curry
    4. Shrimp pasta- super easy! make your pasta, then add garlic, olive oil, a dash of white wine, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and shrimp to a pan and sautee until the shrimp is opaque. toss with pasta. add broccoli, artichoke hearts, peas, etc. to make it colorful.
    5. Shrimp pesto- again you can add artichoke hearts.
    Just a few!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    shrimp tacos, shrimp enchiladas, I've also made shrimp alfredo and it turned out yummy. :) You can search for these on the net for different recipes.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You know I have to bump...I love shrimp !
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    These all sound so yummy....
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kattie1
    Kattie1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Gordan's Fisherman has Classic Grilled Shrimp(comes in a yellow bag), all ready seasoned it is awesome, you can mix it with rice, noodles salad anything. There is also a Shrimp Scampi flavor.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I like shrimp in my pasta. You can take some shrimp and vegetables and add it to a whole wheat pasta, add some spices of your choice and a light alfredo sauce( or whatever you prefer) and voila!! A simple and delish meal!
  • brockman8742
    Options
    Love, love shrimp....

Lemon/Pepper grilled shrimp: Marinate raw deveined shrimp in lemon juice and pepper (oh if you can leave the shell on do, it makes them extra juicy) for about 10 minutes then grill til a pretty orange

Shrimp ceviche: Leave shrimp in lemon juice over night, the next day they will be cooked from the acid (but if you feel iffy just sautee them in a pan for about 2 minutes) then dice up cucumbers, tomatoes, jicama, red onions, cilantro and jalapenos to taste and serve on a lettuce wrap

Those are my two favorite ways to eat them
  • MsCandyLynn
    MsCandyLynn Posts: 123
    Options
    Thanks everyone keep them coming I am definately taking notes!!!!:love:
  • MeganJo
    MeganJo Posts: 69
    Options
    There's a really great garlic-basil shrimp pasta recipe in "So Easy" by Ellie Krieger. Her cookbook is amazing & healthy because she's got her masters in nutrition. Totally check it out there's some great stuff in there!
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    About a pound of shrimp
    Olive oil 5 or 6 tablespoons
    Three green onions diced\
    four or five cloves of garlic minced very fine
    Paprika tablespoon or so
    Salt-To taste
    Pepper-To taste
    Cayenne Pepper-less mild more hot....lol
    two or so tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice