In need of a pep talk

Options
I have friends coming over tonight... in anticipation I worked out last night extra hard and only ate 1/2 my calories back. This morning was my usual once a week weigh-in (don't be mad at me; but... ) I only lost 1.1 lbs. I've been consistantly losing 2+. I feel deflated! I know it is going to be extremely difficult to stay in my calorie range tonight and if a "last chance workout" won't work... I feel like i'm going to fall behind on my goals and that makes me feel like... why bother even trying to be good tonight???

Help!:sad:

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have friends coming over tonight... in anticipation I worked out last night extra hard and only ate 1/2 my calories back. This morning was my usual once a week weigh-in (don't be mad at me; but... ) I only lost 1.1 lbs. I've been consistantly losing 2+. I feel deflated! I know it is going to be extremely difficult to stay in my calorie range tonight and if a "last chance workout" won't work... I feel like i'm going to fall behind on my goals and that makes me feel like... why bother even trying to be good tonight???

Help!:sad:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    ummm one pound is great!! It may not sound like much but it is. It's the healthy way to loose. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Keep up with what you are doing and each week you will loose. You shouldn't expect to loose 2 pounds every week especially as you get closer to your goal weight it may just slow down. So give you and your body a break and be happy with that 1 pound. I mean how would you feel if it was a one pound gain? Or if you didn't loose at all. Be happy with it and move on.
    Also don't make only eating half of your extra calories a habit. Your body needs the fuel to loose and remember you need to eat to loose.
    Have a great time tonight:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • ktenerow
    Options
    Everyone needs an off night once and a while. Just get back on the horse tomorrow, and with a vengence.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    1 pound in a week is a great, healthy loss. It's so much better for your body to have a slower weight loss of 1 pound or even half a pound, especially since you only have 24lbs to go.

Eating half your calories is not something you wanna do! I know it seems like you should be able to kinda "save up" calories for a cheat day, but the body doesn't work like that! Actually, not eating all of your calories will only make a cheat day worse because your body slows down the metabolism when you don't eat enough.

It's okay to have a day here and there where you eat over. In fact its good! Just don't let it set you off track. Get back on the horse tomorrow and don't look back.

Our bodies are amazingly designed machines, but they do not work by precise numbers and calculations. The scale will go up and will go down. What matters most is that you keep going, and treat your body right.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    losing a pound a week is awesome. Especially considering the amount you have to lose. I wouldn't worry about one night off. Maybe throw in an extra workout today to ad a few extra munchies tonight :flowerforyou: good luck.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It's okay to have a day here and there where you eat over. In fact its good! Just don't let it set you off track. Get back on the horse tomorrow and don't look back.

It's good in the opposite way: your body will get the impression that this is the amount of food it'll get from now on, but you are fooling it again :wink: , cos from the next day on, you'll be on track again :wink: :glasses:

Besides, it could be that you've lost more than that 1,5pound, but you've got some watter weight. So don't take the scale as the ultimate truth teller. :wink:

Enjoy tonight! :wink: Don't over do it, don't stress over it. try to keep a balance.

And, hey, congrats for steadily losing weight! Hurray! :flowerforyou:
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about it. I find eating over a day here or there bumps up the burn. I used to do it on purpose to help get through a plateau. You body may think "what just happened here, I better burn it all off"

Plus I find it keeps me from doing it as often by accident. I am always a firm believer in I'd rather cheat on purpose once in a while than cheat by accident many times. Consistency counts.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Let's trade...I'll have your 1.1 lbs, and you can have my .2. :laugh:
    A lb a week is great. It's what you should expect to lose for a while...when you've been at this a really super long time, it's even more than you can expect.

Don't use a defeatist attitude to justify overindulging. Just practice self control and be realistic about your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I decided to do a medium workout today and will try to make good choices but not to the detriment of enjoying myself.:flowerforyou: