Smoked Grilled Twinkees

Options

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten a twinkie. Weird, huh?
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I am the only one here... but I think that kinda looks gross.

I don't mind twinkies, but all of that stuff together? I also take the frosting off of cake 'cause it's too rich too though.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

I don't mind twinkies, but all of that stuff together? I also take the frosting off of cake 'cause it's too rich too though.

Yup you're the only one.
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    I think it looks yummy! And the good thing for me, is that it looks so rich that I'd be able to stay under the serving size. That looks like the kind of thing where a couple of bites would satisfy the sweet and I'd be done with it ;-)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    You may as well just inject lard directly into your arteries.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Yup you're the only one.

:laugh:

I;d be the one to take your icing and add it to my cake.
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for this post....because of this it made me crave a fried twinkie. So we ended up going out for sushi last nght to a place where I know they have fried twinkies.

We got a fried twinkie and an order of fried oreos. They are so good. I think its rolled in panko crumbs and flash fried. Definetely would not be as fattening as a fried twinkie at a carnival.

Oh and by the way...the one twinkie was split 3 ways and the oreos were split 3 ways too. So I guess it's not as horrible as it sounds.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Tkhk- Fried oreos are the bomb, horribly unnutritional in every way ... but tastefully amazing... :D
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for this post....because of this it made me crave a fried twinkie. So we ended up going out for sushi last nght to a place where I know they have fried twinkies.

We got a fried twinkie and an order of fried oreos. They are so good. I think its rolled in panko crumbs and flash fried. Definetely would not be as fattening as a fried twinkie at a carnival.

Oh and by the way...the one twinkie was split 3 ways and the oreos were split 3 ways too. So I guess it's not as horrible as it sounds.

Living vicariously through you! Did it taste as good as it looks?
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I don't like twinkies... but the rest looks SO GOOD! Mmm... I'm gonna go out and buy some nutella now. THANKS XD
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    If people find this gross... you obviously have not seen In n Out's secret menu pictures... I dare someone to check em out and report back :D
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    If people find this gross... you obviously have not seen In n Out's secret menu pictures... I dare someone to check em out and report back :D

I mean the 20 decker burger they make apparently xD!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    nutella and twinkies together?? Now I know I died and went to heaven!!!!

Anyone seen the new Chocolate filled twinkies? I noticed them the other day!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Yup, I put it in the recipe maker. It is actually not terrible. The sugar is pretty bad of course, but really, this is doable if you only eat one.

grilledtwinkies-1.jpg
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    OMG, I swear some food should just be outlawed (kidding of course, as everyone has a choice), but this just looks WRONG!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You do realize this is a weight LOSS site, right...
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Yup, I put it in the recipe maker. It is actually not terrible. The sugar is pretty bad of course, but really, this is doable if you only eat one.

grilledtwinkies-1.jpg

well that would be considered a meal for me since I only get 400 calories per meal. But oh how yummy it would taste
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

You do realize this is a JOKE, right....
    well that would be considered a meal for me since I only get 400 calories per meal. But oh how yummy it would taste

It'd be more than a meal for me! I definitely would never make it, but it wouldn't kill someone to have one. I was just curious what the real stats would be for it.
  • sdwelk11
    Options

You do realize this is a JOKE, right....
    well only one serving of that would be considered a meal for me since I only get 400 calories per meal. But oh how yummy it would taste

It'd be more than a meal for me! I definitely would never make it, but it wouldn't kill someone to have one. I was just curious what the real stats would be for it.

I do too. if someone really wanted to make this then they could find alternatives to whats in it. but boy oh boy it looks yummy!
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    I love Nutella. This looks so yummy.