Yams

Options
Eve23
Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
I have a new favorite. Well one anyway. I like yams to begin with but I have been cooking them in the microwave then when they are done I smash it up, add some brown sugar and pine nuts, and some chopped apple. Its filling and very tasty.

Replies

• Eve23
    Options
    I have a new favorite. Well one anyway. I like yams to begin with but I have been cooking them in the microwave then when they are done I smash it up, add some brown sugar and pine nuts, and some chopped apple. Its filling and very tasty.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I love them too!! I use Splenda brown sugar blend, some fat free butter spray and a dash of cinnamon...SO good!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Yams are one of my favorite too. I absolutely love them with butter, brown sugar and cinnimon. However, today, because I need to lose weight I ate one plain with salt. It wasn't too bad.
  • Eve23
    Options
    Thats why I don't add the butter :bigsmile:

I agree they are good regardless hehehe.

I have never put cinnamon on them will have to try that and maybe some nutmeg. Hmmmm now there is an idea.
  • lsinc32
    Options
    I made a recipe with yams, acorn squash, cinnamon, nutmeg and a little brown sugar and baked it in the oven for 40 mins at 375 C. I'm not a huge squash fan but loved it in this recipe.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    YUMMM!
    Cowboy