Getting addicted!

Options
I havent had P.E. class in about 11 years so ..im in aweful shape!! Ive been busting my butt working out 5-6 days a week and I havent really seen any results yet! I actually enjoy the workout and am becoming addicted!!! :) I have about 125 lbs Id like to lose total ..I know this is gonna be a long journey but im excited to finally take that leap!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I like working out too but it took me a while.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome to my newly acquired OCD :laugh:
  • chlo83
    chlo83 Posts: 4
    Options
    You can do it! Good luck!
  • lauralhicks
    lauralhicks Posts: 168
    Options
    good start keep at it!!
  • carriejolittle
    carriejolittle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job! Don't look for the results so quickly. It's like watching a pot of water boil. It takes for ever to boil when you watch it. Before you know it you will be in that swimsuit :).
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Awesome....keep up the hard work and you WILL see results!! I'm so addicted too! I LOVE working out and find that I even LOVE athletic wear too!
  • elainemcg
    elainemcg Posts: 25
    Options
    what excercise are you all following or are you just doing your own. i am only on day 2 of my diet and not quite got to grips with it yet so a little confused. advice would be appreciated .
    elaine x
  • Fluffy1962
    Fluffy1962 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I've been out of school 30 years! I started working out regularly a couple years ago. Burned out - actually "hormoned" out! Yes, it's that time the dreaded "CHANGE" ... Do yourself a favor, get and keep the weight off now, once I hit peri-menopuse, it was much easier to gain weight and in so many different places! Now I'm struggling to get the numbers down but love to excercise... I really can tell emotionally and physically when I have skipped too many workouts... Guess I have an addiction that I can live with!!!!

Carolyn
  • rachel_onamission
    Options
    Ive been walking/jogging about 2 miles a few days a week, and then also doing 30 minutes on my elliptical. It took me about a week to get up to doing 30 minutes on it! Its alot tougher than I thought!!!!!
  • suewongie
    suewongie Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi, i also have a lot to lose. just worked it out, about 154lb. gee wizz, that sounds a lot now i've looked at it on this screen. lol. I dont feel confident enough to go to the gym yet, so ive been dancing around the living room to just dance. lol.
  • rachel_onamission
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys!! Much appreciated :-)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Throw in some weight training to that routine and you'll be doing even better ;)
  • blah_freezies
    blah_freezies Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Make sure you take measurements as well as weighing, that's where I noticed my results first. I didn't drop a dress size until I'd lost around 14kg (30lb)! But you just have to keep trucking along, the end result really is worth it :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It seemed to me that when the workouts felt addicting, and I could tell my body and mind craved them is when my mental shift to make fitness a real thing for life happened. It's GREAT, isn't it?! Keep up the hard work!
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I look forward to my workouts every day! I agree that strength training is important. I work out 6 days a week and do weight training as well as cardio for 3 of them. :) Good luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!