Tell me what protein powder you use...

crazywheaten
crazywheaten Posts: 73
edited 5:33AM in Food and Nutrition
and why. I'd love to also see nutritional info, if you have it, ie, calories, protein, sugars, carbs per serving. I am currently using some leftover Isagenix Protein Shake Powder but it's super high in calories--240 per serving (2 scoops). Would love to hear other options!

Replies

• amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    I take GNC's Lean Shake. It's protein but also can be used for meal replacement. I usually get the chocolate one and it's pretty yummy. I believe it is 190 calories per serving (2 scoops + 8oz water). If you go to the GNC website, you can view all their powders etc as well as the nutrition labels.

Hope that was semi-helpful
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Bump
  • I use the BeachBody's Recovery Formula Whey Protein. It has 220 Calories in it. The nutritional information is on beachbody.com or on amazon.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    I custom blend at trueprotein.com because I can choose what and how much goes in my shake :happy:
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    I just use whey protein isolates
    all the whey protein is basically the same, you just have to find a flavor you like. I use whey because it's a complete protein source and it's fairly low in calories

Calories 120
    Sodium 60 mg
    Total Fat 1 g
    Saturated 1 g
    Total Carbs 3 g
    Dietary Fiber 25 g
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 24 g
    Cholesterol 30 mg
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    bump
  • PhD Pharma Whey 104 ? For1 scoop.....
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    I just eat foods that are high in protein.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Designer Whey (Chocolate) mixed with Almond Milk, peanut butter, and a little bit of water.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Designer Whey (Chocolate) mixed with Almond Milk, peanut butter, and a little bit of water.

I use the same one (100 calories/18g protein per scoop). I haven't tried peanut butter in it, but that sounds delicious! As-is only almond milk makes this stuff taste tolerable...it's really bland.
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    bump
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    hhmmmm.......
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Hi..I don't use a powder, so I will be interested to see what people say. I do buy Premier Protein drinks

160 cals
    Fat 3
    cholesterol 25 mg
    SODIUM 340
    POTASSIUM 500
    Carbs 5
    Dietary Fiber 3
    Sugar 1 gram
    Protein 30 grams

They are great!
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    I take the Teras Whey organic dark chocolate whey protein powder, along with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, banana slices and a tablespoon of unsalted organic peanut butter
    :bigsmile:

The Teras Whey is 110 calories and here's the rest:
    Total Fat: 1.5g
    Saturated Fat: 1.5g
    Trans Fat: 0g
    Cholestrol: 5mg
    Sodium: 20mg
    Potassium:135mg
    Total Carbs: 6g
    Dietary Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 3g
    Protein: 20g

Ingredients:
    Organic whey protein concentrate, Organic cocoa (processed with alkali), Organic natural flavors, Stevia leaf extract, Soy lecithin
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    I too would be interested in the "why" and if you definitely feel and see the results.

- Jill
    SW: 186
    CW: 183
    GW: 150
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198

I use the same one (100 calories/18g protein per scoop). I haven't tried peanut butter in it, but that sounds delicious! As-is only almond milk makes this stuff taste tolerable...it's really bland.

It's great with peanut butter! I've tried it with a banana in place of the peanut butter and didn't like it as much. :( I couldn't imagine trying it with just water instead of almond milk...
  • eillims13
    eillims13 Posts: 18
    I use Pride Nutrition Respect Protein.

It's a blend of Whey Isolate, Casein, and Egg protein. I like it because there is no Whey concetrate in it.

A little more pricey but...it tastes great!
  • I use Bodylogix. But you can only get it in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart. I like it because they have a protien for men and one for women.
    Bodylogix™ Women's Protein>>™ + Fibre Complex
    This cutting-edge formula is scientifically formulated for a women's body! Each serving nourishes you with 20 grams of protein to support muscle tone while also reducing hunger.
    Protein™ protein isolate matrix extends the release of the protein in your system ensuring better absorption efficiency and reduced hunger cravings. Contains 5 grams of clinically-proven Sunfiber® to improve regularity and help assist you in feeling fuller, longer. Protein™ includes enzymes and probiotics to support a healthy digestive system. Protein™ delivers 20 grams of lactose free, high quality protein per serving that doesn't cause bloating! Each serving of Protein™ is fortified with 500mg of bone building calcium – half of the recommended daily intake in just one serving.

it has 117 calories per serving, 1 gram of fat, 5 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein. And all you need is 1 scoop.
    It is probably the best tasting protein that i've tried. I usually mix mine with a tbsp of sugar free hot cocoa mix and a little bit of instant coffee, water and ice. Tastes exactly like a frappichino from starbucks!
This discussion has been closed.