Options
Hi

I an new to myfitnesspal. I am 43 and Type 1 Diabetic. I have about 42lbs to lose. I am walking and have just started back running, very small distances at the moment doing the C25K program.

I need some motivation and advice on losing weight and staying positive

Jill

Replies

• JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Welcome. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jill!
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    Welcome! I don't know how I do it but i have a ton of friends who are type 1's! We definitely gotta stick together ;) you've already added me so I know we can be a great support to each other. welcome to the mfp family!!! Wish i could add more right now but i just tested at 43 so i need a snack :) (also type 1 for others reading this)
  • cowiness
    cowiness Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome! Im type II but im sure we can help eachother out =D
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm not diabetic, but have similar goals (weight) and activities (walking, starting to run), same age and live in E14 (not sure if that's why your username has that!).

Friend request on its way :-)
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi Jill, I am type II Diabetic bordering on type 1. I can not tell you how much this site has helped me. I joined about a couple of weeks ago and I have lost 3 lbs. Now that may not seem big to most people but to me it is mile stone. I have been trying for years to lose the weigh and excercise regular but didn't find anything or anyone to inspire me to keep at . this site provides that. the people at this community support you in all you do. It is what is needed. I gave this webiste to my Endocrinologist. He looked at and was very impressed that something so simple and easy is having the effect a dietician couldn't accomplish. Keep at and watch the numbers go down.