Taking Protein Supplements while losing weight?

Options
Ever since I started my calorie deficit diet I've been decreasing in strength and becoming more fatigued with my cardio workouts. So I decided to start taking a protein supplement from GNC along with my workouts. Do you guys think thats a good idea since I'm trying to lose weight?

Replies

• randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Perfectly find idea, just make sure you check out the ingredients in the shake. Many of them have tons of sugars and junk, try to find one that is as natural and "clean" as possible.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Building muscle strength is a huge plus for weight loss since the more muscle you have the more calories you burn on a daily basis! Get your protein on! =)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Protein is key to losing weight. You need to find the right calories (min is 1500 for men), protein, fiber and water. Then you watch your carbs and fat and you should see results with exercise.

The quaker bars don't have much nutritional value, if looking for something better try a protein bar with around 200 calories and 17 grams or more of protein. Pure protein bars are very good.

Good Luck!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Plus, protein makes you feel full, so it helps curb cravings when you are cutting back.