40 SOMETHING AND NEED A MAKEOVER

Options
Anybody out there 40-something and has let yourself go because you've been busy taking care of everyone else?

Replies

• SummerLuvR
    SummerLuvR Posts: 90
    Options
    OH YEAH!!
  • Funnybunnyboo
    Options
    that'll be me then!!:ohwell:
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That would be me! I am 44, raised 8 kids, have 15 grandchildren, and never anytime for myself. Didn't I mention I am also a truckdriver? My BFF said I need to get a "new sexy hairdo" to compliment the 107 pounds I have lost. I told her at 44, I didn't know the word "sexy and hair-do" even belonged in the same sentence! LMAO!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah!!!! Sometimes I'm like..why do my nails and hair and stuff..I'm still gonna be fat and ugly..ughhh..What freakin difference is nice nails gonna make? I still look crappy! BUT when I lose this weight..MAKEOVER TIME!!!!
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Oh yeah....well stated! I'm with you on that. I am making some changes this time :D
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Yep!!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm only 30 but sometimes I look at myself and think "what happened" I have let myself go in every way. Losing the weight is really helping but wearing workout clothes with kid snot and dinner all day isn't the most sexy thing in the world!!!
  • 1fickle
    1fickle Posts: 5
    Options
    This describes me too!! looking for support, motivation and focus! I keep asking myself how so much time has gone bye.
    Now I am 46, and feeling like it's now or never. My kids are all teenagers so now it's time to focus on me. Since I will be starting to log tomorrow any tips on how to take advantage :smile: of all this site has too offer would be great!!
  • fpc123jenny
    Options
    Hey girls, we can do this! It's time for us to shine! My kids are getting older and my husband and I have been married for 19 years. I was a size 7 when we got married. After 2 kids, the death of my father (who was my best friend) , and a whole lot of stress I gained 80 pounds. I got up to a size 18. I'm down to a 16 , sometimes a 14 depending on how the sizes run. I would be ecastic if I could get down to a size 12 by my birthday in September! I know everyone has stress in their lives and other people who depend on us, but we need to take care of ourselves so we can be there for those we love.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Let me say this. No matter how crappy i feel i get up everyday and do my hair and my makeup. Even when i was bigger. You have to do this for yourself. If you need a new hair do then go get it. It will lift your spirits and help give you that little feel good feeling to keep up the momentum. Dont wait to transform! Do it now! Then when you reach your goal reward yourself then too!

I am huge on women fixing themselves up. Not for their man but for THEMSELVES! Get your nails done! Get a pedi! For goodness sakes get a haircut and cover up them roots! DO IT NOW!
    Disclaimer: unless im sick!
  • fpc123jenny
    Options
    I love it! You are sooo right. I've got my new 'do, but when I get on that scale, and I haven't lost any more weight I get discouraged! I'm gonna do better this week!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have 2 teenage sons (3 if you add the husband!!) - where has all the time gone???

I'm exhausted, yet find it very scary to think that my babies will soon be thinking to flying the nest......

:wink: