No scale change-- but I think I see a difference (pics)

Options
june2011collage190lbs.jpg

I think I see some differences, and if that's the case than the scale is a big fat liar. I guess just keep plugging along--

Ht-5'9"
Wt-190lbs

Replies

• Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I do see more definition in your mid section and your left arm seems somewhat slimmer/toned down some too =) keep it up, even if the scale isnt changing, that doesn't mean you're not losing inches, etc!
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    Yes... there is a difference. Keep up the good work (scales are evil - lol). I know how you feel. I just compared pics of myself yesterday (tho I didnt post them cause I dont know how) and I think I can see a difference too.
  • hunterzmomma
    hunterzmomma Posts: 121
    Options
    for sure a difference!
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You might want to try a tape measure and get waist, hips, arms, etc.
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    I see a difference. Try not to pay too much attention to the scale. :)

Looking good!
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    Options
    lol.. I didn't look at the dates.. and I thought 'oh no, you looked so much better in your first pic'... but then, I read the dates, and there is a def difference in your abs, legs and hips.. keep it up :D
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That's the frustration of just relying on the scale! I hit a 6 week plateau as far as numbers, but in that 6 weeks, I dropped 2 shirt sizes, 1 bra size and 1 pants size...
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    there's a def. inch lost around your waist and hips!!!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Your gaining lean muscle at the same rate as your losing fat :smile:
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    Bust out the measuring tape and track your measurements! I guarantee you'll see a difference there even if the scale doesn't want to work with you! I totally see a difference!
  • br0seidon
    br0seidon Posts: 19
    Options
    Definitely focus on measurements and clothing instead of the scale.
  • Atthea
    Atthea Posts: 53
    Options
    Definitely !
    Arms and waist and leg shape... skin tone also...I noticed on myself, skin looks better !
    You look gooooood !!!!
    Keep going !! I know I am !
    :wink:
  • mandy2571
    mandy2571 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well this may sound bad, but I didn't look at the dates at the bottom at first and I didn't realize that your before and after pictures were reversed. I was thinking to myself, "hmmm... she actually looks thinner and more toned in her before picture" (the one taken 6/29/11). Then I realized that I was actually looking at your after picture... so long story short, yes, I defiantly see a difference. Keep it up, and ignore the lying scale!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    lol.. I didn't look at the dates.. and I thought 'oh no, you looked so much better in your first pic'... but then, I read the dates, and there is a def difference in your abs, legs and hips.. keep it up :D

Haha, I did the same thing- there is a definite difference! You are looking great!
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference in your lower body. Keep up the good work
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If you are working out then muscle is heavier than fat and also you then become more toned just dont give up with your journey
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    More definition in your waist, stomach and hips!! Way to go!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Definite difference! Great job :)
  • dragonslayer67
    Options
    Yup there is a difference!...Don't let the scale get you down. Get the tape measure out...or just notice how your old clothes are fitting. If you your clothes are looser or you have to buy new ones...well then, what you are doing is working!

Remember muscle is heavier that fat, so even though the scale doesn't reflect it yet, your body is!

Great job!:happy:
  • TeMpi
    TeMpi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How are your food diaries looking? Are you staying within the target calorie range? How many calories are you burning a week? Your answers should be in there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!