Im new here....sorta.

Options
BeeOlive
BeeOlive Posts: 13 Member
I started using the app on my phone about a months ago, but never logged on to the website. I liked using the app to track my calories, but when I logged on with the computer, I was able to see so much more (blogs, message boards) both of which give really good advice. I'm excited to challenge myself everyday with exercise and trying to find healthier recipes. I welcome new friends for encouragement and advice and I will do my best to give the same support. :smile:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It was hard in the beginning but I found It just takes a little work on your part. My advice is educate yourself on healthy eating. Buy a food scale and watch portions. Limit processed and fast foods. Cook fresh Veggies and Meats. Eat whole grain Low carb Low Cal Breads and Pasta. Fresh Fruits. Did I say watch Portions. In the beginning it will be hard to get over cravings. But if you stick with it you will. Don't drink your calories. Did I say watch portions. Oh and watch portions. Good Luck
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    welcome!! ive been here since 4/13/11 and have lost 21 lbs but 31 all together. everyone on here is such a great inspiration and a wonderful support team. well have a wonderful dayy :)
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    It was hard in the beginning but I found It just takes a little work on your part. My advice is educate yourself on healthy eating. Buy a food scale and watch portions. Limit processed and fast foods. Cook fresh Veggies and Meats. Eat whole grain Low carb Low Cal Breads and Pasta. Fresh Fruits. Did I say watch Portions. In the beginning it will be hard to get over cravings. But if you stick with it you will. Don't drink your calories. Did I say watch portions. Oh and watch portions. Good Luck

I totally agree with this post! Once I got a food scale it was amazing to me how oversized my portions had been...for so long! My poor body! Good luck to you!
  • bambam321
    bambam321 Posts: 1
    Options
    IM NEW JUST MADE ME A PAGE YESTERDAY AND I WOULD TO BE ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS
  • Charshel
    Charshel Posts: 15
    Options
    It is interesting that the mobile MFP is so different than the one on the computer. My sister found that on mobile, you can really see the breakdown of nutrients. It took me time to figure out that I can only see that on my IPad. When on the computer, the nutrient breakdown only shows me a graph by specific nutrient. I am glad I have access to both.

I need a food scale. Which brand do you guys recommend?
  • Jenalyn
    Jenalyn Posts: 17
    Options
    I downloaded the App about 2 weeks ago and when I tried to register, I had found I was already a member and signed up in 2008! That really goes to show how long I have been trying to get fit and lose weight - but eversince I downloaded the app I have been addicted to it and now log onto the site every day too.

Definitely take dls06's advice. And now I want to go out there and buy a good scale too!
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    It is interesting that the mobile MFP is so different than the one on the computer. My sister found that on mobile, you can really see the breakdown of nutrients. It took me time to figure out that I can only see that on my IPad. When on the computer, the nutrient breakdown only shows me a graph by specific nutrient. I am glad I have access to both.

I need a food scale. Which brand do you guys recommend?

I just got mine at the grocery store. I don't know if it's any particular brand, but I would recommend making sure it has both ounces and grams on it so you can use either measurement when logging your foods. I've noticed that sometims the database has the servings by ounces or just by grams, so if a scale only gives you one, you'll need some other conversion mechanism (an app, for example), to figure out how many grams.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    hey linda,
    we got a food scale from Target. it works great, gives weights in ounces or grams, and gives you the macro-nutrient breakdown for the food (you enter a code for baked chicken, etc.)
    we can get you the brand name if you are interested.