Zumba....Help!

Options
In the exercise database I can not find Zumba listed. How do you calculate how many calories you burn during Zumba?

Replies

• sarahttini
    sarahttini Posts: 186
    Options
    One of my friends posted the following today...

burned 881 calories doing 105 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Zumba"

online they say 550-800 calories in an hour
  • sblackwood77
    sblackwood77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba but could not keep up, I can see where it would burn many calories.
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I use zumbacalories.com. People with a heart rate monitor say it is accurate. Then you can just go to my exercise and create you own exercise and label it zumba.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I also cannot find it. I logged aerobics, general. I looked again today and can't find it
  • wannabeslim67
    Options
    i do Zumba, too, and our instructor said you can burn anything between 500 and 800 calories in an hour. Since I sometimes stop in between to catch my breath (it's getting better!), I calculate around 650 calories/hr now. I logged it under aerobics first, and now I found something with dance (sorry, I can't recall what it says exactly). I think when you're starting you burn less, cause you have to figure out all the steps. Once you start becoming familiar with them, you definitely burn more. I walk out of class dripping wet, literally. It's a great feeling! Hope you enjoy it! I
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well, it appears you burn a lot more doing Zumba that juts regular aerobics. I used the zumbacaloriesburnt.com and added it to my database here.

Thanks guys!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    best thing that i have found is just go to yahoo and type in calories burned from zumba or whatever you are doing, and usually within 1-3 sites, you can find one that does ____ lbs ____ time done and it comes up with exact calories for YOUR weight, not just a generic one.
  • melindalamb
    Options
    I asked my instructor how many calories you burn during Zumba, She told me around 800.