Apple Cider Vinegar

oxavecamourxo
oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone drink this daily? I've been thinking about trying it since I've been reading good things. I'm a little nervous because I know it tastes awful.

Replies

• Roszepoo
    Roszepoo Posts: 46
    It has great health benefits BUT it can destroy teeth enamel as it is acid. I read to drink it through a straw placed far back in your mouth, then brush your teeth.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    It does taste awful. I did it for a while to help eliminate sugar cravings as part of a yeast-free regime ( I had chronic yeast in the gut).

I found it best to take the 2T. as a shot, and have 32-oz of water ready to go immediately after. It literally made me shudder.

However, it did significantly reduce my sweets cravings and helped with the constant gas I was having due to yeast.

I was glad to quit after the 2 weeks and switch to coconut oil (also kills yeast).

ACV did not make any difference in my weight.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Hmmmmmmmm. I just read an article saying ACV is so acidic that it causes calcium to leach from your bones into your blood to alkalize your body, a lot like milk. Maybe I won't try this... lol
  • radioloren
    radioloren Posts: 26 Member
    I've done a lot of reading about ACV, and it is very beneficial! I know it tastes bad, but if you warm it up in a mug with honey, sort of like a hot cider, it's not so bad, and actually drinkable! :) By the way, if you are going to buy it, go for the Organic one, with "The Mother' in it...it's supposed to be much better for you. You can find that one at Whole Foods, and probably many other places too....but I get mine at Whole Foods. :)
This discussion has been closed.