Whole Chicken Help

Options
KickassYas
KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
ok so first time i crockpotted a whole chicken it turned into greasy mush due to the fat and skin. this time i deskinned that chicken stuck it on balls of foil (thanks for the tip mfpeeps) and it turned out beautiful!

but now i'm trying to add the recipe and i find no info anywhere about nutritional values for a SKINLESS whole chicken! ;(

does anyone have any info on this!? i feel like its unfair that i have to add the fat and such from the skin if that was not consumed nor even cooked. let me know!thanks!

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Add it piece by piece - 2 breasts no skin, 2 thighs no skin, etc.....
  • AJ827
    AJ827 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would just find an entry for skinless chicken and go by the ounces you consumed instead of the whole chicken. Hope that helps, or sometimes I look on other sites and just find a estimated number and try to match that up with one on here. I am about to make a whole chicken this weekend but maybe on the grill havent decided yet. Let me know if you figure it out.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Definitely agreed that you shouldn't have to count all the calories and fat in the skin if you aren't eating the skin!

Other options:

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/tyson/whole-roasted-chicken-skinless/ Multiply the number of servings by the calories in a serving and that should be close.

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-chicken-ic0501 This gives you different parts - the sum of the parts...
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    why the hell didn't i think of that! you people are geniuses. that's fantastic. :) thank you so much!
  • cyndi2774
    cyndi2774 Posts: 1
    Options
    I actually crunched the numbers for you. The nutritional data for a whole chicken, piece by piece, adds up to a whole chicken being: 809 Calories; 20g Fat (23.7% calories from fat); 147g Protein; 0g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 492mg Cholesterol; 543mg Sodium. Exchanges: 20 1/2 Lean Meat. (That's an average... you could get more specific if you weighed the pieces)

I arrived at those numbers by piecing the chicken as:
    2 whole chicken breast halves without skin
    2 whole chicken wings without skin
    2 whole chicken thighs without skin
    2 whole chicken legs, skinless

For the record, a whole chicken WITH skin comes out this way: 3214 Calories; 233g Fat (66.9% calories from fat); 258g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1358mg Cholesterol; 1041mg Sodium. Exchanges: 36 Lean Meat; 24 Fat.

I used my Mastercook to arrive at the totals and it's very dead-on. Hope it helps!