Trying this out.

Options
Hi, I'm Sammy. Trying for what feels like the hundreth time to get off my big *kitten* and shrink it! Seeing mild sucess, (down 8 pounds in a month) however am now struggling to stay motivated. I'm not one for meetings and face to face support groups but I have heard that people trying to loose weight are more successfull when they have a support system other than just friends and family, which is why I decide to join.

I have read some of the posts below and I have no good reason to be as heavy as I am. No baby, no hectic work/social schedule. My issue is that I am simply LAZY!! That is what I struggle with the most.

If anyone has any "words of wisdom" I welcome them.

99398.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal

Replies

• Sammy12345
    Sammy12345 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sammy. Trying for what feels like the hundreth time to get off my big *kitten* and shrink it! Seeing mild sucess, (down 8 pounds in a month) however am now struggling to stay motivated. I'm not one for meetings and face to face support groups but I have heard that people trying to loose weight are more successfull when they have a support system other than just friends and family, which is why I decide to join.

I have read some of the posts below and I have no good reason to be as heavy as I am. No baby, no hectic work/social schedule. My issue is that I am simply LAZY!! That is what I struggle with the most.

If anyone has any "words of wisdom" I welcome them.

99398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to be, I find it encouraging and supportive. My words of wisdom are "visit MFP often and apply what you learn to your life."

Mishy
  • bellmom627
    Options
    Hey - welcome to the site! Everyone here is so supportive and it WILL help to keep you in line. Definitely make this your homepage so that you use it as often as possible - post stuff, and join one of the weight loss teams. There are often threads about them - I'm on team purple. Set small, achievable goals for yourself, and do the one pound per week because you aren't so hungry and it's healthier, I've found I'm not so tired hanging out there rather than the two pounds per week deal. Count your cals religiously and enter them accurately and you'll do great! This is also an incredible motivator to exercise because you can see how much it counts and you can eat more when you exercise! LOVE IT!
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    Welcome! You will get lots of help and support here, Be faithful and honest with yourself when you fill out your food diary, do it ever`y day and you will learn a lot about yourself , i.e. why and when you eat.

go to the message boards and search for the topic on dieting tips, they are a big help, too.

good luck and keep us posted.

:flowerforyou:
    greenie