Options
2»

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    260lbs = 117.93kg
    117.93 x 4 = 471.72
    that is on the flat off of the formula, so add the unknown incline for 2/3 of the way that is only adding 150 calories for the incline, so if it was even half that it still would be closer. I think I would believe the HRM, myself. That is going off your own formula. The complexity of the whole thing makes it so much harder to understand and is one of the main reasons America is obese. I would like to believe MFP uses your weight to measure but they don't use anything else so how would it be more accurate. Livestrong also has a program that I believe calculates exercise a little better, because it asks avg heart rate distance and time included with your weight. Their food program just isn't as efficient. I am not arguing that their can be inaccuracies in a HRM it is an electronic device, but in today's modern world it is the most accurate tool we have. MFP at a 2lb a week loss puts you on a 1000cal/day deficit, so in all honesty a 100 calories is not a big enough issue to waste too much sleep over. That can be so much as a different in brands when entering your food.

It wasn't a full hour, it was a little over a half hour. All I know is that I am exercising more than I ever did before and I never go over on calories so in the end it doesn't matter too much, but I was under the impression that the HRM's with strap tend to be more accurate, which is why I broke down and bought one. I guess I wasted a $100.

Not necessarily. In this case, I misread your weight, so your HRM number was actually the better one.

So you get to beat me up on that one. :tongue:

there will be no beating up, I appreciate your response as well as all the others, thanks all