hi

anewton16
anewton16 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
hello! I am new here. i need some extra movivation to get me started. My goal is to lose 60 lbs by nexdt year!!! my husband has started to help me this week but for some reason it is driving me NUTS! Why should i let it bother me so much?? I know he is trying to help but when he tells me to exercise I just want to SCREAM! is there somethig wrong with me? I should just be happy he wants to help!

Replies

• anewton16
    anewton16 Posts: 2 Member
    hello! I am new here. i need some extra movivation to get me started. My goal is to lose 60 lbs by nexdt year!!! my husband has started to help me this week but for some reason it is driving me NUTS! Why should i let it bother me so much?? I know he is trying to help but when he tells me to exercise I just want to SCREAM! is there somethig wrong with me? I should just be happy he wants to help!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Hehe...well, we're going to tell you the same thing. All you need to do to lose fat is maintain a caloric deficit, and that's made much easier by staying active. You should be glad your hubby wants to help, not everyone has that support. Welcome and good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Welcome to mfp! I have only been on for a few weeks, but have already lost 4 pds. It is amazing! What works best for me is to log food before I eat it, then I only eat what I should! Also, the days when I work out are the best, because then you are allowed more calories.(even for just walking) Good luck!

Yea, about the husband thing. I asked mine to start helping me, but when he does it just makes me upset. He is 6 foot 1 and weighs about 150, so staying healthy comes easy for him. I think the motivation comes easier from other ladies trying to obtain alot of the same goals we have! Keep me posted on your acheivements! You can do it.

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Hi and welcome. I think it's only natural to not appreciate your husband's encouragement because maybe he's pushing instead of encouraging. Men like to solve problems and usually what we need is someone who will listen and encourage by taking notice of what we are doing instead of telling us how and what to do. I think when you are feeling this way, you should smile and tell him how much you appreciate his interest. And then go about whatever it is you are doing. He probably has some wonderful suggestions that you may want to do eventually, just not at that moment. Jackie
This discussion has been closed.