Deep South 'Foodie' Wants To Lose 20lbs - Need Friends

Options
Okay, so I turned 50 this year. As if that wasn't hard enough, I also had some health problems and two surgeries I had to go through. Now 6 years after losing 25 pounds and attaining my goal weight with the WW diet plan, I'm back to where I was when I originally joined way back then!
I need to lose 20 pounds to get back to my goal and am looking for other Deep South foodies out there that struggle with eating too much for the simple reason that it tastes so dang good! We Southerners really do know how to cook some marvelous dishes. (And unfortunately.....we like to eat them as well!) Anybody hearing this and know where I'm coming from? I could sure use some support!:happy:

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm in the South! Down-home country food is the death of me, I love me some fried chicken! lol! Adding you now :smile:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Girl, I hear ya! I'm from Alabama and everything is smothered with love and gravy and usually fried, dipped, battered, coated in sugar, whatever! I get it!

Friend request heading your way!
  • mikedigesu
    mikedigesu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello from the deep south, (Alabama) and welcome to this site. I certainly know how you feel about good ole southern cooking! I'm trying to lose 110 pounds, (I've lost 39 so far). Feel free to "friend" me if you want and we'll get through this!!

Good luck!
  • bbrwneyes
    bbrwneyes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I AM FROM SC SO I FEEL YOUR PAIN, I WISH I HAD SOME GOOD COUNTRY FOOD RIGHT NOW, LOL!
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    i have had a couple of operations myself and another one coming the recovery time that i cant work out kills me, im adding you
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm from Birmingham, AL and I know exactly what you mean!