Polar FT7

Options
Those of you who own one, do you think it's pretty accurate? I just bought one and sometimes I am shocked at how many calories it says I burn.

Also, the instructions sucked. When you look at the screen that shows your HR at the top, what does the number on the line mean? Is that your TARGET HR or is that just the HR in which you switch from fat burn to effect?

Thanks

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    The instructions suck because you go to the website to learn more. Which I haven't done yet.

I was initially shocked at the amount I burn - which was considerably lower than the machines and MFP. But it's meant to be accurate, so I'm taking that as my motivation to work harder than before. It's working!!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I think mine is pretty accurate and seems to go with everything I log on here and my weight loss.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've got one and I love it -- I've owned it since January and I feel like mine is very accurate.

That number on top is where you switch from Fat Burning into Effective. It'll be different sometimes, I'm not sure why this is?? But I love mine, can't say I've ever had any problems with it!
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Oh don't get me wrong, I really like it. But I wish the instructions had been better. Two pages of English and a 100 pages of 57 other languages didn't leave much room for explaining much. However, I will check out the website.

I felt like my monitor was telling me I'm burning TOO many calories. If it's accurate, then I am very happy! :) Thanks for the info
  • cachef1
    cachef1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Polar products are generally error, if at all, on the conservative side. Thus if all your initial set up information is correct you are probably burning at least the amount that your Polar shows. I know mine is in sync with the other devices at my health club so I am sure it is as close to accurate as possible. Congradulate yourself on burning so many calories and keep it up!