spare tire

Options
hey, so I have two kids and my waiste isn't what it used to be. I'm losing weight, but my stomache doens't seem to be on the same page. So, I'm doing about 50 crunches and 30 side to side thingys 3 times a week. Is this going to be enough or am I going to need to step it up a notch?

Replies

• Itscrunchtime
    Options
    hey, so I have two kids and my waiste isn't what it used to be. I'm losing weight, but my stomache doens't seem to be on the same page. So, I'm doing about 50 crunches and 30 side to side thingys 3 times a week. Is this going to be enough or am I going to need to step it up a notch?
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    this is a great question. I want to know the answer too. :happy:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi Suzanne!

I have one word of advice for you... CARDIO!!! That will burn the fat but also keep up with the core exercises so that when the fat is off, the muscles underneath will be nice and tight!

Good luck!
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    Exactly..you can do all the ab/core exercises in the world but you wont see any difference unless you get that outer layer of fat off. And cardio is the answer ALONG with your ab exercises. Do your cardio 4-5 a week and alternate your upper (abs/core and arms) exercises with your lower (legs and hips) every other day...but leave yourself a day of total body rest. ( I do Sundays) Try that and within a few weeks you should notice a difference in the tightness! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Itscrunchtime
    Options
    That sounds like good advise. I will definetely try that. I have heard some time ago that doing ab workouts don't work unless you have the cardio. I'm bicycling on a stationary bike 20-30 minutes a day at 16 mi/hr or so...about 4 or 5 times a week...and when my hubby can give me a break I go for a jog which I know burns more calories because it hurts more!! LOL
    Thanks again..I'll let you know how it turns out in a month or so.
    Suzanne