TASTY, underrated healthy foods

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
What are some healthy foods that you think a lot of people would love, yet don't see that many people eating them?

Baked sweet potatoes are AWESOME (craving some right now...!) yet all I see outside of my house is sweet potato fries. Personally, I prefer potatoes when it comes to fries.

Baked sweet potatoes are sweet and they melt in your mouth. I don't understand why it's not popular!

Replies

• JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    They are yummy. Love them.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My BFF and I get those all the time. THey are so YUMMY!!!
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I LOVE raw carrots. I love crunch and sweets and I think carrots provide both (although they are pretty sugary for a vegetable).
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen cherry tomatoes like candy.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower.... I love it! LoL
  • DJmom44
    DJmom44 Posts: 91
    Options
    Quinoa tastes great and has protein and fiber.
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Plain chicken! It seems like so many people insist on cooking chicken in oils or putting on heavy sauces, but I like it just cooked in a skillet with non-stick spray!

Also I think mustard makes a sandwich taste way better than mayo (which I find totally gross, always have)
  • withchaco
    Options
    Quinoa tastes great and has protein and fiber.
    I've been meaning to cook this bag of quinoa I bought. Totally gotta do it this week!
  • withchaco
    Options
    Plain chicken! It seems like so many people insist on cooking chicken in oils or putting on heavy sauces, but I like it just cooked in a skillet with non-stick spray!

Also I think mustard makes a sandwich taste way better than mayo (which I find totally gross, always have)
    YES, my bro and I tried plain pan seared chicken the other day. He only used salt and pepper and was expecting it to taste like crap. We were very pleasantly surprised :happy:
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Asparagus! Roasted or grilled with just a little salt and butter. It tastes so much better than broccoli but no one seems to eat it.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love ground turkey... totally plain!!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts!!! People either hate 'em or love 'em. We love 'em!!! :smile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    mesquite broiled shrimp YUM, I also love baked sweet potatoes I put a little pumpkin spice on them YUMMY, and roasted vegetables ( I dice potatoes and onion spray with nonstick cooking spray with salt, pepper, garlic and basil, and cook for about 20 mins on 375 , then add sliced squash ( yellow and zucchini), mushrooms and add to it stir and cook for another 20 mins , really good), also I love corn on the cob cooked on the barbeque grill......
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    Cherry tomatoes

ooh and green apple sliced thinly. o.m.g

and if th green apples go a bit funky and are too floury to eat, they're perfect to boil down into stewed apple. did this the other day, had enough for 10 servings, got home from work and my bf had devoured the whole lot. - a good indication that it was yummy.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Asparagus! Roasted or grilled with just a little salt and butter. It tastes so much better than broccoli but no one seems to eat it.

Love Asparagus!!!
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    I LOVE oven roasted cauliflower. Just a little sprinkle of salt, pepper and olive oil, then roasted until it starts to turn brown. MMM.. it's so good! I stick the leftovers in a baggy in the refrigerator and grab a few pieces as a snack when I'm craving something I shouldn't have.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Probably the only vegetable I don't love, haha. Although roasted with lots of spices, I can tolerate them
  • withchaco
    Options
    I love asparagus, but unfortunately the ones at the local grocery are rarely of good quality. :( If I'm grocery shopping, and I see good asparagus, I almost always get them.

Diagonally sliced asparagus is my favorite.
  • Ericjean
    Ericjean Posts: 1
    Options
    There is gespetcho, curry lentil soup,rice salad with tuna, lentil salad,crustless vegitable quiche, hummis.