900+ cal left and not hungry

whodatgrl
whodatgrl Posts: 111
edited 5:41AM in Food and Nutrition
here it is almost 9pm and i have 900+ cal left for the day after exercising and im not even hungry only tired after fixing hubs and kiddo dinner and baths. Nothing sounds good and i keep lookin in the pantry, fridge and freezer over and over and over just the same stuff....hate this :(

Replies

• CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    I keep pistachios on hand for day like this high in calories but there good for you :)
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Try a glass of juice! You'd be amazed how many calories that can pack on! And if it's no sugar added, natural stuff, so much the better! Don't worry if you have a 2-300 left. If your MFP is set at 1lb a week loss, remember that a 2lb a week loss would be a 1,000 cal deficit & know that you'll still be OK. It's not gonna hurt now & again. IF this is an every night issue, take another look at what you're eating all day long & add in an extra small handful of nuts here & there. Almonds are a great calorie adder, with some healthy fats too!
  • timlord
    timlord Posts: 158
    roasted soy nuts
  • radioloren
    radioloren Posts: 26 Member
    That happens to me sometimes too. I find it so odd, because before I started with MFP, I was hungry (or so I thought!) all the time!!! Now, I can eat anywhere from 700-1200 calories a day and be fine. I try to eat more and meet my goal of 1420 a day, but sometimes I just am not hungry, and I find that I force myself to eat a snack or something to add some calories if I am very low for the day. I guess it's not the worst problem to have, probably better than the 3,000 + calories (or however many) I was consuming prior to MFP!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Try to make better food choices throughout the day. Hunger is not a good measure of whether your body is getting enough calories or not.

If you are not getting enough calories, mix in calorie dense foods into your diet (foods that are high in calories, but low in volume so they don't fill you up). Peanut Butter and Yogurt are a few examples. Try to balance them out throughout the day so you aren't left trying to fill huge deficits at night.
  • I have been having this problem too. Now I am trying to eat all but 400 calories by lunch time. Then I can work that down and cover the rest at dinner.
  • I keep pistachios on hand for day like this high in calories but there good for you :)

Nuts are a great way to get calories. Sounds yummy. I have 600 calories to use up.... Don't think it's going to happen. Last night I ate a bag of sugar snap peas. But... they're all gone. :wink: Real proud that I am staying away from my lovely potato. Mashed, fried, in a bag or baked. I am a potato junkie. This is 7 days without. Looking in the fridge and was told to eat the rainbow... Think we'll start orange and go for some carrots. pshh..
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    You can donate some of those calories to me!!
This discussion has been closed.