veggie ideas

Options
I definitely have no problem getting my protein, fruit, and complex carbs every day but I know I need to increase the veggies. I like most vegetables but feel like they all need so much prep <-- maybe i need to just get over that. I like salad but I don't like bagged salad because it tastes plastic-y to me. I would love any ideas about how to incorporate more veggies in lunch, snacks, and dinner. Even favorite recipes if you want to share!! Thanks!

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    what about stir fry or something ?
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would love some ideas, too. *bump*
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    To me, any vegetable is at its tasty best when roasted.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots are a great snack, sauteed frozen spinach (olive oil and some spices) goes great with chicken and rice/pasta, potatoes have tons of potassium in the skin (just 'cause it's a "white carb" doesn't mean it's bad all the time -- just don't eat it all the time!).
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    grilled veggies are GREAT! like zuccini or yellow squash - slice it into long strips sorta thick - dubrush on a little olive oil and sprinkle with like Mrs Dash -- or salt, pepper and garlic powder - whatever spice you like - little cajun or whatever - place on the grill for a bit! YUMMMM! If you don't have a regular gril you can use a foreman grill or even broil in the oven... and Stir Frys are ALWAYS great! Use a little of the lite soy sauce and your golden! You can use ALL kinds of veggies!
  • hannahjennings
    Options
    I experiement with my food

Spaghetti bolognese i add i onion cut up, 2 tsp of garlic, 1 shredded zucchini and carrot to the meat and sauce

Peanut Satay Chicken served with brown rice - add 1 carrot chopped, snow peas and beans with the chicken and satay sauce

i make vegetarian lasange with zucchini, egg plant, sweet potato, tomato, pumpkin, carrot

Pumpkin soup - onion, garlic, butternut pumpkin, carrot, potato, sweet potato

steak and vege - mash potato with italian herbs, chopped carrot and beans and peas and corn steamed

pasta bake - chicken, pasta bake sauce, carrot, beans, peas, corn, trivelle pasta

hope this helps!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    my family loves the steamable veggie bags, so easy to make, very quick, and they taste so much better than canned variety. We usually toss with a little garlic or just salt and pepper. We also love roasted zuchinni and yellow squash, mushrooms, carrots, and onions on the grill - so yummy!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I eat kirby cucumbers (skin on ) carrots, romaine salad for lunch... Try buying a head of Romaine instead of bag salad. it will last longer too.. I wash it and make a big salad and eat it for a few days.... Also Try Snap Peas fresh...nice little snack...
    Also apples and pears i always keep on hand.. strawberrys and berrys are good and full of fiber...