Runner's Club - 10/12

Options
Okay. So I'm racing in the morning, and I'm sad to say I'm already up. Somebody's hot tub was on fire this morning. :noway:

Anyway, I figured I'd start the thread.

Race for me today. If I get out of work early, I'm going to make the drive for the 5 miler. If I don't get out of work in time, then I'm doing the 10k, which is only a few miles away. I'll check back in after a race and a NAP!

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Okay. So I'm racing in the morning, and I'm sad to say I'm already up. Somebody's hot tub was on fire this morning. :noway:

Anyway, I figured I'd start the thread.

Race for me today. If I get out of work early, I'm going to make the drive for the 5 miler. If I don't get out of work in time, then I'm doing the 10k, which is only a few miles away. I'll check back in after a race and a NAP!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Firegirl: Good luck with you race.

No run today, but forgot to post y'day. Ran 5k and improved my time by 1min+. No where near under 30 but I feel good anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving (canadian) weekend to all

Carol
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    :grumble: I'm going running this afternoon! I'm stuck covering a shift for someone right now
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!

Good luck firegirl! I can't wait to hear about it!!

I am running an easy 2 miles with my bf today, it's our short day. He did the 5 miles in 1:05 yesterday, 3 minutes faster than I did. We attribute that partly to the fact that he's a foot taller than me hehe :) I'm excited, it looks like a beautiful day!
  • tyme4me
    tyme4me Posts: 17
    Options
    I ran 2 miles this morning, getting back into running after quitting due to weather. Summers are very hot in FL but the winter weather makes up for it! :flowerforyou: Good luck everyone!!
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I walked yesterday, 3 miles, and it was so hard not to break into a run....
  • firegirlred
    Options
    Yay!!! 41 minutes and 26 seconds!!! I placed third!

I wound up doing the 5 miler. I'll post later about the run.

Rae
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh so proud of you!

I wish I could have been there. :smile:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Great time firegirlred!
    I did a five miler today. It was spitting rain outside, but it didn't seem to bother me. I'll be Shredding Mon-Wed but will be back Thursday through Sunday.
    Happy running all!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! 41 minutes and 26 seconds!!! I placed third!

I wound up doing the 5 miler. I'll post later about the run.

Rae

That's AWESOME! Congratulations!!!!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Twelve mile long run today. I'm seriously ready for a nap. :yawn:

Enjoy your day, runners!
  • kasch
    kasch Posts: 35
    Options
    did 15 yesterday..........last long run before the marine corps marathon!!
    can't wait!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Great job firegirl! I'm excited to hear about it.

Even though I just did two miles, they were sllllloooow. I can still feel yesterday in my legs. I'm getting some discomfort in my plantar fascia. :frown:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good evening:flowerforyou:

I ran 13 miles this morning. A new longest distance run pr for me.

:heart: -Kechie.
  • firegirlred
    Options
    It sounds like everyone had a decent day. Jane, you were missed. The course started uphill, but wasn't too bad. It was a downhill finish, so it went by really fast.

I remember thinking at one point "pain is strength leaving, wait that's not right. Pain is weakness leaving. Yeah right."

I found a website last night that has one hour MP3's designed for runners wanting to pace their run, and another website that recommended specific paces for specific speeds. I downloaded a track for the race today and found out the recommended pace was almost dead on. But I started the race pacing someone that swore he ran an eight minute mile. Two miles into the race I realized that wasn't true, but couldn't make up what I had lost. On a positive note, I know how to pace the beginning of a race, so the end doesn't kill me.
    If anyone wants the websites for the MP3's or the pace information, PM me. They really made a difference in my run.