Name: James
Starting Weight: 788
Current Weight: 696
Hieght 6'6
Goal Weight: 425
Favorite thing about dieting:
Worst thing about dieting: Desserts
Favorite diet food: Chicken
Favorite thing about exercise: I feel better once I start that day.
Worst thing about exercise: Starting
Favorite exercise: Incline Fly's
Most important thing about losing weight: Getting my life back and getting healthier
What made you decide to lose weight: Tired of being a 3rd wheel to my friends
Best advice you can give about losing weight: Getting support from others who are also workign to lose weight long term, Having a support system or someone else to feel accountable to helps me tremendiously.

I found this website looking for a way to track my calories and diet.

So a little about myslef. On May 20, 2008 I had Bariatric Surgery. I was the heaviset I have ever been 788 pounds. Even at that weight i'm in overall good health i'm not on any meds for blood preasure etc.

I currently attend a support group meeting once a month. I cant tel you how helpfull this is. I work out with a trainer twice a week Next week I add 2 more days. Having a trainer gives me accountability. It's to easy for me not to workout if I have no one to meet there.

If anyone has questions on Bariartic Surgery please feel free to ask. I'll answer the best I can. I look forward to sharing my progress with you all.

James

Replies

• Name: James
    Starting Weight: 788
    Current Weight: 696
    Hieght 6'6
    Goal Weight: 425
    Favorite thing about dieting:
    Worst thing about dieting: Desserts
    Favorite diet food: Chicken
    Favorite thing about exercise: I feel better once I start that day.
    Worst thing about exercise: Starting
    Favorite exercise: Incline Fly's
    Most important thing about losing weight: Getting my life back and getting healthier
    What made you decide to lose weight: Tired of being a 3rd wheel to my friends
    Best advice you can give about losing weight: Getting support from others who are also workign to lose weight long term, Having a support system or someone else to feel accountable to helps me tremendiously.

I found this website looking for a way to track my calories and diet.

So a little about myslef. On May 20, 2008 I had Bariatric Surgery. I was the heaviset I have ever been 788 pounds. Even at that weight i'm in overall good health i'm not on any meds for blood preasure etc.

I currently attend a support group meeting once a month. I cant tel you how helpfull this is. I work out with a trainer twice a week Next week I add 2 more days. Having a trainer gives me accountability. It's to easy for me not to workout if I have no one to meet there.

If anyone has questions on Bariartic Surgery please feel free to ask. I'll answer the best I can. I look forward to sharing my progress with you all.

James
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi James, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
    And finally, since you LOVE desserts like I do, in case you haven't tried it yet, and are an ice-cream lover, the slow churned, no sugar added ice-cream is sooooooooooo close to the real thing, you might not be able to tell the difference!
This discussion has been closed.