Hula Hooping

Options
Does anyone know how many calories you can burn while Hula Hooping?

Thanks!

Replies

• MIssAraG
    MIssAraG Posts: 1
    Options
    I saw a post that said "Hula hooping is suppose to burn 80-100 calories for 10 minutes. I'm sure this will vary depending on someones weight. The heavier you are the more you'll burn. The best way to know is to get a heart rate monitor." I think it's a great workout for the abs!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I log mine as belly dancing... Not really sure if that is correct but since they use the same muscle groups and have similar motions, I figured it was probably close enough.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I saw a post that said "Hula hooping is suppose to burn 80-100 calories for 10 minutes. I'm sure this will vary depending on someones weight. The heavier you are the more you'll burn. The best way to know is to get a heart rate monitor." I think it's a great workout for the abs!

Hooping (not just waist) is an amazing workout. I just went to my first class yesterday and I was sweating bullets in the most fun way possible. If you get a heart rate monitor you would know for sure how many calories you burned. There IS a Hoopnotica log in for calories on MFP. They say it's almost 500 calories per hour. Try these links: hooping.org, hoopcity.ca and hoopnotica.com.