Small victories and motivation for those with less to lose

hey everyone:) soo I love reading these success stories to help motivate me and I've wanted to post my own but am always self conscious to share. That's because I started out with a lot less to lose than most people and I'm at a weight that most would say I should be happy with. But just like how some people say the last pounds are the hardest to lose, these few pounds between me and my goal have often felt impossible! I recently lost 9lbs and am down to 126! A small yet huge victory for mee! It's hard to seek motivation because not many people are empathetic when they have larger goals and their journeys seem much more difficult but anyone who has ever struggled with weight knows that every pound is a battle. Now I am a perfectly healthy person, I focus on eating right and exercising often and I would be happy at whatever weight I look/feel good at but I still have a few pounds to go!!

Replies

• CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    congrats on losing the 9lbs thats something to be proud of :)
  • kmal2t
    kmal2t Posts: 21
    Its actually much harder to lose those last few pounds than to lose weight when you're really heavy. You should be proud of the last pounds because they don't go away easily as opposed to when you're obese and a modest cut makes the weight drop fast.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Congrats! I'm also a smaller loser.
  • laurie_powers
    laurie_powers Posts: 103 Member
    9 pounds is HUGE! Try picking up 2 bags of flour (10 lbs) and carrying it around for a bit...it's considerable! Congratulations! I'm in the "home stretch" right now, too. I think it's been the most difficult. Keep it up! We'll get there. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!