Any English people?

1235»

Replies

• blackrose80
    blackrose80 Posts: 134
    It's strange isn't it? Because I find hearing the Northern Irish accent odd on tv. But I love Welsh accents. Actually I just love strong accents! Geordie, Liverpudlian, Yorkshire, Scottish etc. I wonder what it is about our own that's so grating? I think in a lot of shows the dialogue isn't written to suit certain tongues.
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    I live in cottage in the countryside and my husband takes great delight in telling our American friends that our house is older than their country! :laugh:
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Im from Mid-Wales, and i quite like it here! I live in a very small town which is limited to like the bigger shops etc. We have to travel by car/train/bus etc to get to a bigger town called Aberystwyth, and thats where everyone goes to do there big food shopping. (morissons, iceland etc).. And clothes shopping!!

I was originally born in Stoke-On-Trent, But moved to wales when I was 9 as we were going thro alot of family issues with my dads side of the family! And plus my mum proper welsh like soo all her side of the family are down here! Apart from 1 sister who lives in New Zealand! Anyway, the atmosphere and surrounding down wales is ALOT different from up stoke on trent! Less traffic and tha! :)

I agreee with like the 'chavs', 'emo's' etcc. Theres tons of them in the town I live in.. But everyone has got there own choices right? And if they feel most comfortable being a 'chav' then just let them get on with it. Its not harming you is it?

Ohh, 1 last thing, something about foood your going on about!? - Maybe you should count your self lucky, you have a roof over your head, food in the cupboard and fridge? Not alot of people do!

Im sorrry, I know i may sound like a right cow writting this! Im not a horrible person honestly :bigsmile:
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Ahhhh the "classy accents" are soooo sexy!
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    I admire the English but can't help but giggle every time I hear "Bangers and Mash". *giggle*
  • So at the restaurant I work at, one of the regulars is British. And for some odd reason the waitresses always tell him to say "dirty panties." and its pretty hilarious. haha
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Im English!! I was born in England, then moved to Wales when I was 9 years old as all my mums side of the family live down here! So in the last 10 years Ive been brought up in Wales my schools have been all Welsh, soo ive had to learn the welsh language, and now im more fluent in Welsh that i am of English! Strange huh?! The majority of the time i speak welsh, like at home, in work etc :) lol..

I dont live in the countryside though, i live in a little town thats full of shops, fields and sheep! :bigsmile:
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    I'm English, my husband is Australian and our children are Swiss. I gave up my cosy cottage in the cotswolds to live in a riketty chalet in a Swiss ski resort. Might one day swap it all for the out back?!%&*

In my humble opinion. Its not about where you come from its who you are that counts. Each of us have things we are not proud of when our fellow coutrymen/women are concerned. That said. I can be very patriotic when the Rugby is on!