INSANITY POST

leighkent
leighkent Posts: 195 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
So, I have decided Insanity is my next mission after completing 30DS this morning.

I just have a couple of questions:

1. Do I log it as circuit training?
2. How often do I have to do the fit test? I have just completed my first test.
3. How many days do I have to do each section for??

Replies

• Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Great choice picking up Insanity, it'll push you but it's a lot of fun and you'll hopefully notice a big improvement in your fitness levels when you have completed the 60 days.

Do you have the schedule as answers to questions 2 & 3 are covered there. If you've lost it, you can get another one here: http://trek2befit.com/insanity-schedule-insanity-calendar

I log all my P90x and Insanity workouts as custom cardio with their own headers, I use a heart rate monitor to work out how much I'm burning, take a look at my diary for more info.
  • Kittykatch
    Kittykatch Posts: 4 Member
    I have just finished my second 30DS session. I was so sore after my first session on Tuesday that I decided to have a break from it yesterday. I wasn't sure what to log it as either. I logged it as Slimnastics (I think) but recorded it for 30 minutes instead of the 20. I also use Slimnastics when I do the Zumba dvd coz there is no equivalent for this either. Does anyone else have a suggestion on how we should log these exercises?? I think the main thing is to keep doing them and as I dont eat the calories I earn (usually) it doesn't really matter..
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    I also log it as custom. Dont use hart rate monitor, but sort of go with the feel. If I feel like I've been running at 6mph, then must have burnt about 550-600 cal per hour, so about 350 in a workout. It's probably more, cz its intense, but I'd rather under that over count. Have been doing it for a month, great improvement in fitness level, but, because of bad diet, no weight loss. But great workout.
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    everyone I've seen has posted 30 day shred as circut training. I do as well
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    I have just finished my second 30DS session. I was so sore after my first session on Tuesday that I decided to have a break from it yesterday. I wasn't sure what to log it as either. I logged it as Slimnastics (I think) but recorded it for 30 minutes instead of the 20. I also use Slimnastics when I do the Zumba dvd coz there is no equivalent for this either. Does anyone else have a suggestion on how we should log these exercises?? I think the main thing is to keep doing them and as I dont eat the calories I earn (usually) it doesn't really matter..

Get a heart rate monitor to accurately measure the calories burned and then 'create new exercise' call it whatever you want and log your calories. It's the only way you'll know what YOU have burnt. The calories on here are just a rough guide
  • leighkent
    Great choice picking up Insanity, it'll push you but it's a lot of fun and you'll hopefully notice a big improvement in your fitness levels when you have completed the 60 days.

Do you have the schedule as answers to questions 2 & 3 are covered there. If you've lost it, you can get another one here: http://trek2befit.com/insanity-schedule-insanity-calendar

I log all my P90x and Insanity workouts as custom cardio with their own headers, I use a heart rate monitor to work out how much I'm burning, take a look at my diary for more info.

Thank you ever so much for the link - it's bought second hand so I don't have any of the leaflets / schedules etc. I was literally going to divide 60 days by the number of sections and do each section X amount of days continuousuly - am very pleased I posted now to ask !!!!!!

Thank you, I have a HRM (although I don't think it's very accurate) so will combine that and what MFP states and use the middle of them both! x
  • leighkent

I logged 30DS as circuit training - when I got my HRM I adjusted the calories accordingly x

Also, on my first day of 30DS, I couldn't walk properly for about 1 week, couldn't even pick up my pint glass of water without every muscle in my body aching !!!! xx
  • leighkent
    Get a heart rate monitor to accurately measure the calories burned and then 'create new exercise' call it whatever you want and log your calories. It's the only way you'll know what YOU have burnt. The calories on here are just a rough guide

Where is the "create new exercise" option? xx
This discussion has been closed.