Stronger, Better, Faster...Oct 12

Options
Greetings all

Yesterday I went on two walks without hills. I still have a muscle ache in my leg but it's better. I don't know how long I will going cycling today. We rolled out of bed rather later than usual this morning so it may warm up quickly. Only a week left before the ride :noway: Time to get in gear but not cause myself injury.

I'm considering planting a winter veggie garden (we can grow stuff year round here as long as it gets enough water). So far I've planted cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower. I should probably go find some stuff I like as well :laugh: Maybe that will be my goal for the rest of October - to get my garden in line.

Have a fun workout today,

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Greetings all

Yesterday I went on two walks without hills. I still have a muscle ache in my leg but it's better. I don't know how long I will going cycling today. We rolled out of bed rather later than usual this morning so it may warm up quickly. Only a week left before the ride :noway: Time to get in gear but not cause myself injury.

I'm considering planting a winter veggie garden (we can grow stuff year round here as long as it gets enough water). So far I've planted cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower. I should probably go find some stuff I like as well :laugh: Maybe that will be my goal for the rest of October - to get my garden in line.

Have a fun workout today,

Mary
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Let's see... did I work out yesterday? Not really - just my pushups at the end of the day. But part of the reason was that I didn't want to negate the relaxing effects of my massage. We did go out to the humane society to visit with some of the animals. They have a farm there, too - who knew that you could have a conversation with a pig? It was really funny - he was squeaking and grunting at me and I was squeaking and grunting back. :laugh: But he stopped when I stopped - so it really was a conversation!

Today I probably need to focus on my project. I was proud of myself at lunch, though - we went to Panera, and I got a 1/2 panini and soup instead of my usual 1/2 salad and soup. I got an apple instead of bread since I had the sandwich. But after I ate my sandwich and about 1/3 of my soup, I realized I was satisfied. So I stopped! I got a little cup for the rest of my soup and took my apple (just ate it, actually). But I am very susceptible to eating however much food is in front of me, so I consider this an achievement.

It's a gorgeous day! A literal Sun-day. :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Good for you CP!

There are feral hogs near my parents house. Their neighbor set up a trap and he caught two younger ones last week. They were cute, but I think, as they are an invasive species, they should be taken care of - just not by me. I don't think I could ever kill anything that could look at me.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. . .where I did the elliptical for 45 minutes.

What a crazy weekend. Although I am madly in love with those children, I find myself very grateful now that my "children" are four legged, furry and can be left with an extra dish of food for two days. We had fun, though. They are cool people, which is very lucky for me, because this situation could be awkward. (stepmom, etc.. .)

Tomorrow is Canadian Thanksgiving, so happy Thanksgiving.:flowerforyou:

Mary, that yawning cat picture just slays me. He looks like he's reading someone the riot act: "And another thing. . .!" Is it a he? Or a she?
  • yoginimary
    Options
    iggy is a boy - and a mama's boy at that - he is currently curled up in one arm while I type with the other. My goal is to get pictures of all my cats yawning for my Christmas card. What 4 leggers do you have?
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    So I've probably gained 3 pounds this week. Oh well. I've had fun anyway. I will get back on track tomorrow besides having a piece of birthday cake. The party is at one of those bounce house things so I will get at least an hour of exercise hauling my almost 3 year old up and down the ladders and slides. He will be able to do most of it but I will have to follow. I have such a hard life. :laugh:
    I will get my push ups in tomorrow (week 5 day 1, not sure which level yet) but won't have time to Shred.
    I have found that trail mix is not a necessary evil in my diet although it is very evil. I will not be buying any more for awhile. It's too good to leave alone.
    Not much happening this afternoon. I walked at the mall for awhile in some uncomfortable shoes. Ate Mexican food for lunch. Had ice cream last night. Do you think I should step on the scale in the morning?:devil: Uh, no.
    CP you are so funny...talking to pigs! Ha! Congrats on stopping when satisfied. I didn't do that at lunch. Whoops.

Mary, I'll try to get my cat Nikki up on my profile. She's my 15 year old baby. She's spoiled and did not like it when my son was born. She does well with him though. She's very sweet and loving even in her old age.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay, there's my kittycat Nikki. The picture you see here is when she was about 5 or so years old. She's a WHOLE lot fatter now. There's more pics on my profile, including her "catdog" sleeping position. She was a stray and the vet called me shortly after one of my cats died of cancer and said they had this calico cat named Angel and she was about six months old. I fell in love with her in an instant! She was So lovable and sweet! She lost half of her teeth when she was about 5 due to some infection. Then she lost ten more about 4 years later. She has one lower fang left and four of the itty bitty teeth on the bottom. She still eats dry food, just swallows it whole! Other than her teeth she is really healthy! She's my girl!
    Alright maybe all that was more than you cared to know, but there it is!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    iggy is a boy - and a mama's boy at that - he is currently curled up in one arm while I type with the other. My goal is to get pictures of all my cats yawning for my Christmas card. What 4 leggers do you have?

Two kitties. I'd probably have another, but we're on a strict "one pet per bedroom" budget. Right now, I'm having dog lust. . .I fuss over all the neighborhood dogs. I've always had both, but it just doesn't seem right to put a dog in a tiny apartment, and I have no desire to walk one in the winter, so it's not the time. My boy cat is also a mama's boy. . either that or he thinks I'm his girlfriend. I'll try to post some pics of them. . .
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Good see see all our felines. We would probably scare people away if every post had a cat avatar!

MM - I have one just like that - Janis - she's a wild woman (recovering feral) and a big girl. Much younger though - only 11.

CP - never had an orange one, maybe next time!
  • cp005e
    Options
    OK, you guys are all about the kitties so here is my Panda (pic taken just now with the cell phone). We've had her for 8 years and love her to death even though she's a bit of a brat. We adopted a younger neighborhood cat (another girl) last year, but the two of them just do not get along. They've never hurt each other, but neither seems to relax when the other is around. And we get our share of growling, hiss, batting, etc. especially around feeding time. Any tips??? They are both fine by themselves, and if we knew someone who would take the 'new' cat we would probably give her up. She is a sweetheart with people, but a big meanie with Panda.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    OK, you guys are all about the kitties so here is my Panda (pic taken just now with the cell phone). We've had her for 8 years and love her to death even though she's a bit of a brat. We adopted a younger neighborhood cat (another girl) last year, but the two of them just do not get along. They've never hurt each other, but neither seems to relax when the other is around. And we get our share of growling, hiss, batting, etc. especially around feeding time. Any tips??? They are both fine by themselves, and if we knew someone who would take the 'new' cat we would probably give her up. She is a sweetheart with people, but a big meanie with Panda.

Have you tried feliway (I would suggest the plug in)? How about feeding them in different rooms? Sometimes cats just won't get along - especially one that is used to being the "only child". Do they sleep with you? Are they indoor/outdoor? Give me more info on what is going on. I don't want you to have to deal with a marking issue if it gets to that.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Wow.. Thats a lot of cats! I have 4 myself hahaha just no pics at the moment!

I FINALLY have the internet back! YAY!! I have not been watching what I have been eating so im sure ive gained a few. I no longer have a scale, so I really dont know. Im excited to be back once again! Almost all done my painting. 2 more walls to go then im done! I also start my first day of work tomorrow.

Happy thanks giving all!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Never tried Feliway. My dad had told me about some sort of cat phermone product and that must have been it - I meant to give it a try it but had forgotten what it was called.

I think both of them would rather be the 'only child'. They do both sleep with us (particularly in the colder weather), but usually not at the same time - one will come up, then the other will. I'm the preferred mattress (guess the hubby moves too much), but they will sometimes tolerate one on my chest and the other at my feet.

Both are indoor, although Lucky (the one we adopted) would like to go out. We compromise by letting them onto our enclosed porch/three-season room and open the window between the porch and living room so they can come and go while we're at home. I've seen Lucky having altercations with other neighborhood cats through the glass, so she's a bit of a fighter. She gets 'the crazies' at night and is usually (but not always) the instigator.

Panda has a bit of an eating problem - she'll eat as much as possible. And she whines like she's starving all the time, even though she's actually overweight. So we only feed her once a day, at night (because otherwise she gets us up in the morning). Lucky would rather graze, I think, but Panda eats her food if she leaves it in the bowl (and occasionally seems to intimidate Lucky away from her own food).

The thing that makes me sad is just that Panda will more often just go lie down in the corner or another room if Lucky is up on the couch or bed with us - so it's been harder to give her as much attention. :cry:

OK, sorry - that was a novel! :embarassed: Maybe we should take this to PM.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Never tried Feliway. My dad had told me about some sort of cat phermone product and that must have been it - I meant to give it a try it but had forgotten what it was called.

The Feliway is magic! We had an ugly "redirected aggression" incident last year. . .and I truly thought we would have to keep the kids separated for good. They were back to normal in a few days. Another weird thing the vet told us to do was to put a few drops of vanilla extract on the back of the cat's necks. Apparently, that may confuse their sense of territory a bit. They smelled like delicious 'nilla wafers at least. It looks like a little "plug-in" air freshener, and really works. We can tell when ours run out, as mayhem ensues.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Try the feliway - available at most pet stores - not cheap, but worth it.

Glad to hear your guys are inside (though this is not the place for me to voice my animal opinions). It actually is harder to work with indoor/outdoor cats.

For the night crazies, they playing laser or string toy for 10-15 minutes before bed. This may help with some of the aggression as well.

Send me a line if you want to work on the food issues or if there isn't any change once the feliway is in place for a few days.
    :heart:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Wow.. Thats a lot of cats! I have 4 myself hahaha just no pics at the moment!

I FINALLY have the internet back! YAY!! I have not been watching what I have been eating so im sure ive gained a few. I no longer have a scale, so I really dont know. Im excited to be back once again! Almost all done my painting. 2 more walls to go then im done! I also start my first day of work tomorrow.

Happy thanks giving all!

I have 5 - there are more than that on my profile as some have passed on.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You guys crack me up! :laugh: No cats here, just a dog. I'm a cat lover but my husband is highly allergic. We have a puggle (pug-beagle mix) so he's absolutely adorable and plays like a puppy all the time.

I was on the road this weekend with the volleyball team. Ummm, so I probably shouldn't mention we stopped at Sonic for dinner and since they won both matches, the coach allowed them to get fried stuff & dessert. Now I always try to adhere to the team rules 'cause that's just cruel to sit there eating forbidden food in front of them, so I splurged. I had a double cheeseburger, tater tots and a reese blast. I do not want to think of how many calories that was! I felt sick by the time I was done. :sick:

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with another coach who has been a personal trainer and we're going to start kicking my butt to a new level. If I can walk to the computer after the workout tomorrow, I'll post :laugh:

Oh, Melissa, maybe we can put Alex & Ian in a padded room together and just let them run in circles until they stop driving us nuts! Autism or not, this stage sucks!:frown:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Arianne you're funny! Thanks for making me laugh! Is your son autistic? I don't remember you saying that before. Yes this is a very hard stage. I've heard 3's are worse, but I don't know.