HRM? I'm clueless!

Options
I've been looking for a HRM but I am still clueless about what to get.
What brands/models do you have?
What do you like/not like about them?

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a HRM but I am still clueless about what to get.
    What brands/models do you have?
    What do you like/not like about them?
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have the same question .. can you also tell me about how much it cost?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    We all have an opinion on this, but I bought the Polar F6 on many reccomendations from this site and I LOVE it.

Some get the F11, sounds like they are the ppl who do long distance running and such.

I bought a HRM for $30 that just gave me HR. BIG mistake. The whole idea is to know cals burned, oh well.

F6- you put in your age, weight, height. Then it tells you your range for low, medium and high HR beats per minute.

I love having the ongoing record too!! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    F 6 is the best $100 ever spent!!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex Ironman. I just got it and I bought it for about $50 on ebay and I like it so far. It shows calories burned and you can put your weight in. I had to watch how much I spent and that is why I went with this model. The best of luck to you in your search for a HRM. :flowerforyou:
  • arjames82
    arjames82 Posts: 154
    Options
    Polar F6!
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and love it. I don't think it has as many options as the F6 or F11 but it does everything I need and was a bit cheaper than the other 2.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Google the various models, and read the reviews from customers. As for price, I'm currently looking at a Polar F11, and have found that just about every site has the same exact "sale" price! :noway:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I have the polar F6 and love it. You can look at the polar website (polar.com) to compare the various models to see which one has what you want. Mine cost about $110 and I love it. It tells you how long you exercised for, your calories burned, percent fat calories burned, your max heart rate, average heart rate, and some other things I can't remember right now:laugh: It was definetely worth the money.
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a strapless hrm?
    I did some research on the Polars and they have the straps and I don't know if I like that. I know for the elliptical I used to own it had a strap hrm and it never worked. I was looking into a reebok hrm and calorie counter for about 50 bucks. Does anyone have?
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I do, it's a Sportline, and cost about $80.00 USD. After having had it for a couple of months, I'm going to get a Polar, with a strap. The one I have doesn'y give me all the info I really want, and instead has bells and whistles that don't matter (23 differnt timers, but no real good heart rate info). PLUS, and here's the deal breaker for me, in order to get my HR reading, I hafta use my other hand to push the button, arrrrg! It's annoying to do when your on the Elliptical, or the rower! My advice, after having a strapless model, is that it's not worth it. But that's just my .02¢
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I have a strapless right now but I want one with a strap. I try my best to make sure I get an accurate reading but sometimes it is hard. If I am on the ellipitcal everytime I change from one resistance to another I make sure I take my heart rate. After every song with my Zumba class I take my heartrate. With one with a strap I wouldnt have to do that. I am looking to hopefully get a F6 whenever I can afford it. That is my next thing I want towards my health change right now. I just bought me some dance tennis shoes for Zumba class because with my Nikes I cant do all the turns without hurting my knees.