Why oh Why?

Options
Well, I weighed myself today and found that even though i've been good with my calories, i've put on a few pounds again. :...( so only lost 4lbs now instead of the former 7. Anyone else had this happen??
Admittedly not had much time to do exercise but have been running around like mad the last week.:frown:

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It might be stress....
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If I don't exercise, I don't lose weight, even if I stay within my calorie limits. I need to exercise to lose. I went through a 2 month down time and gained back 4 lbs. I was eating well, but no exercise or maybe once a week I would squeeze something in. Find time to get in some exercise, even if it is 10-20 minutes at a time.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    It could be a whole bunch of things. Without being able to see your food diary it is sort of hard to help due to lack of information.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I have. I am maintaining and find it hard not to go over, so I am putting a few pounds on.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep I hear youI had a big gain this week despite working out like a crazy woman and eating clean, I have been for 10 weeks, no alcohol or processed foods, you would think the weight would be dropping off...NO....I've lost several inches and have a lot of muscle tone, it is very disappointing to see a gain, I was really down about it...BUT I'm trying to learn that number on a scale does not define my hard work!! There are so many factors that determine the scale... Keep up the good work and try notvto focus on the scales too much, at least that's what I'm trying to do
  • sammy2672
    sammy2672 Posts: 15
    Options
    I will try not to focus on the scales to much thanks, my clothes are feeling a little looser to be fair. I just couldn't help the disappointment today when I saw the scales had gone up... but will keep going as i am enjoying logging in everyday really and monitoring what I eat..
    Thanks again for your comment..
  • angelawilliams29
    angelawilliams29 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think we all go through this, so please know you are DEF not alone!! As my great friend, Sloanie, mentioned before me, there are many factors that will make the evil scale turn on you...Grrr, it's Soooo aggravating!!! This is the 2nd week it hasn't budged for me. BUT in the last 9.5 weeks, I HAVE lost 10 lbs & nearly 20 inches!!!!! I'm a numbers watcher too, so I find it extremely hard not to get discouraged when I know how hard I'm working & that number isn't dropping. Just stay strong, focused, & determined...slow & steady is the best approach anyway & I firmly believe good things come to those who will wait. ;). Feel free to add me if you'd like! Have a great day!!