Daily or Weekly Weigher?

Options
I'm a daily weigher. I like to average it out over the entire week. This works for me because I'm also an emotional weigher - meaning, I swear and yell at my scale when it doesn't say what it's supposed to. If I had one day a week to crap shoot the weight that I'm looking for and I landed on, say for instance, this morning, I would be devastated! I'm the kind of girl who, if I find my Christmas presents early, I WILL open them. And, daily weighing or weighing in general really seems to keep me in check. I had two margaritas last night and some Dots at the movie. 1.5 extra pounds on the scale this morning- thank you very much! So what I won't do tonight is have margaritas and candy....well, maybe I'll still have the margaritas...

I don't want anyone to talk me out of daily weighing or tell me that it's just a number. I'm just wondering what you all do? If you do weigh yourself, do you do it daily, weekly, monthly?

Replies

• MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I weigh in twice a week; for the most part unless I had a cheat day and I want to know how much damage control I need to do the next day. : ) I will admit it is so hard for me to resist stepping on the scale 3 times a day! I should put it away in my closet and only take it out at the end of the week.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight it was every Monday morning at the gym

Now that I only maintain I weigh myself once a month (ish). The only exception is if I know I have had a bad week (as opposed to a bad day)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily just to monitor normal fluxuations, I weigh in officially once a week.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    4 times daily for me! I want to know what I am doing is working. If I notice any changes I adjust the next day so I don't waste a week of bad choices!

Morning, after morning workout, after work, before bed.
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but only record the weight on Mondays. I can have my cake and eat it too!!

:glasses:
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I usually step on the scale daily...but only log it weekly on Thursdays.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily as well. It drives me crazy yet I can't say "NO". I tried doing once a week, but its HARD! lol.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i daily weigh and a scale *kitten* as well♥ but really it keep me concision what goes in my mouth everyday.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I weight myself daily, too! I log it once a week but the daily flucutations help me. If I'm up, I know I need to hold the line and drink lots of water that day!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I weight daily - the weight I record on Monday's is a 3 day average.
  • tpizzey
    tpizzey Posts: 4
    Options
    I am also a daily weigher, i find it helps to keep me on track :smile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly.
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    every morning.....
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Weigh weekly, but only record weight at end of month. When you go to the gym try burning enough calories for one meal. The days I feel good I burn off lunch calories (usually highest), the days I want to lay in bed I try to burn breakfast calories.
  • tpizzey
    tpizzey Posts: 4
    Options
    Me too, always in the morning, before i can even see straight
  • sandy358888
    Options
    Daily... Been upset because I have not lost any weight this week after two weeks of losing about 1.5 lbs a day or so... But at least I am not gaining it and it makes me work harder... :flowerforyou:
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    daily is good. if something went up I can adjust the next day. But I officially record only once in a while.
  • hosment
    hosment Posts: 12
    Options
    It's hard to resist the temptation to weigh daily or more than once a week but I keep my scales in their box until the day (tho I sometimes do it twice a week). It's more of a surprise when you find out and can then look back through the week at what you did- or didn't -do. I can see why people would choose to weigh each day but the control behaviours that emerge from this can sometimes get out of hand and lead to even more dysfunctional attitudes towards food and weight. Also hormonal and fluid fluctuations have a lot to do with weight and the weight gains from food usually take more than a day or two to effect once digested and converted into nutrients, energy or stored as fat so isn't hugely reliable. I guess do whatever works for you but it's important not to let it take over your life.
  • bikerchick2
    bikerchick2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also weigh in on a daily basis, using a digital scale, because my weight fluctuates so much. It can go up and down by as much as 2-3 lbs / day. So I figure if i'm only weighing in 1x/week, I would be devestated if my weight didn't go down, but it was really one of those weird fluctuations.
  • jacs2806
    jacs2806 Posts: 23
    Options
    I use to weigh daily but the fluctuations was so frustrating and I let it determine my day. I am now weighing once a week. I have to will myself not to step on the scale every morning. It has made my mornings more pleasant.