Breakfast!

Options
syiyi
syiyi Posts: 341 Member
Hello everyone., I know that eating breakfast is so important.. and I want to get in the habit of having a healthy breakfast. What are some suggestions for a quick breakfast.
At the moment I wake up at 6:30 am and don't do breakfast until 10:00am :( I need your HELP.

thanks

Replies

• cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I always have a packet of low sugar oatmeal.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, protein bars, bananas, baggies of dry healthy cereal, etc...
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Wheat wraps with egg whites, spinach and cheese:love:
  • jessazimmerman
    Options
    I cook 1/3 C quinoa in 2/3 C unsweetened coconut milk - it simmers for about 15-20 minutes. Then cut up a banana and add to the quinoa.
  • arykh24
    arykh24 Posts: 64
    Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast everyday. I eat 1 TBS of natural peanut butter, banana, and 1 cup of skim milk before workout each morning. then, when I get home from workout...before work I eat 3 eggs (only 1 yolk) with 2 TBS salsa on it.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    I make a quiche once a week. Once it is cool, I wrap it up and freeze it for the week. I take one out in the mornings, pop it in the microwave. QUick and easy. I pair it with some almonds or even a piece of fruit!
  • triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    sounds super yum!
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I also get up earlt around 5 to go to the gym so is breakfast is not made the night before it hard.

I either have a hard biled egg ( i make many in advance so i only have to grab one from the fridge) Or the night before i make an egg white omlet with liquid egg whites, done cooking in under 10 min, then I just heat for 30 sec the next morning.
  • syiyi
    Options

mmmm!! sounds delicious. :D
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone., I know that eating breakfast is so important.. and I want to get in the habit of having a healthy breakfast. What are some suggestions for a quick breakfast.
    At the moment I wake up at 6:30 am and don't do breakfast until 10:00am :( I need your HELP.

thanks

Sounds like you already have the perfect setup waiting till 10am to eat.
    After fasting overnight, your body is in the perfect unfed state to oxidize fat. During this time, your adrenal glands increase production of your Catecholamines, which in turn increases your metabolism. Don't believe the "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" crap. It was probably started by cereal companies.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I make a smoothie every morning with..

1 cup frozen fruit (I use a "Berry Medley" mix)
    1 cup Almond Milk
    6 oz Chobani Plain 0% Greek Yogurt
    Cinnamon
    1 tsp Unrefined Coconut Oil

It's delicious and really quick, especially if you have a single serving blender! It keeps me full for awhile too because of the greek yogurt
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg with chopped ham and tomatoes. With or without a slice of wholemeal toast.
  • laurie_powers
    laurie_powers Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like the Quaker Hearty Medleys Apple Cranberry Almond oatmeal. I have one packet and coffee. Sometimes I'll have one egg, and 6 slices of lunch meat. I'm not one for a big breakfast. Just can't eat much that early on.
  • ashnix3076
    ashnix3076 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i always do an herbalife shake or a smoothie with a couple scoops of the shake mix in it. i don't have a lot of patience in the morning to do alot so mixing up a quick shake is always my best alternative to finding some salty snack at the gas station. also! i make smoothies a week at a time and freeze them. so that i dont have to deal with cleaning the blender every single day if i am preparing a full smoothie.
  • Lissajoy08
    Lissajoy08 Posts: 35
    Options
    This is awesome!
    I make them at the beginning of the week, stick them in the fridge and take 2 to work, with 1 cup of grapes. My husband will actually eat these (even though he doesn't know what's in them and doesn't need to know.)

They are so simple and tasty! I use swiss laughing cow cheese w/ this recipe.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/hash-brown-egg-white-nests.html#more
  • syiyi
    Options

thanks

After fasting overnight, your body is in the perfect unfed state to oxidize fat. During this time, your adrenal glands increase production of your Catecholamines, which in turn increases your metabolism. Don't believe the "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" crap. It was probably started by cereal companies.

REallY??!!! :noway:
  • syiyi
    Options
    I cook 1/3 C quinoa in 2/3 C unsweetened coconut milk - it simmers for about 15-20 minutes. Then cut up a banana and add to the quinoa.

sounds yummy!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options

thanks

REallY??!!! :noway:

It is fact. Research leangains intermittent fasting.
  • syiyi
    Options
    This is awesome!
    I make them at the beginning of the week, stick them in the fridge and take 2 to work, with 1 cup of grapes. My husband will actually eat these (even though he doesn't know what's in them and doesn't need to know.)

thanks!!! :happy:
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Def trying this out. Do they freeze well?
    This is awesome!