I admit, I cheated! What is your temptation?

Options
amarie35
amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
Okay, I have to admit something. On yesterday's diary, I cheated. I finished logging around 6 & I planned on not eating anything else. But, since I ate dinner @ like 4, by 8 I was a little hungry. I could've went to bed hungry, but I knew I was going to be up till @ least 12 (the kids & I were watching late night flicks). So, I gave in to the temptation that was starring @ me in my kitchen cabinet: potatoe chips....YUMMY delicious lip smacking BARBECUE potatoe chips. There must've been @ least 3 servings in the bag. Did I eat one serving? NO! I finished the bag off & I didn't log any of it in my diary. I went to bed feeling guilty; I usually ALWAYS log everything. But, I woke up with the 'it's a new day' feeling. I wasn't going to let the whole chip thing discourage me & get me down.

I don't know what it is, but I'm a sucker for junk food. I can turn down a juicy hamburger or a taco almost any day of the week but you put chips or a piece of cake in front of me & it's on!

What do you find to be more tempting, junk foods or fast food?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hey, cant say I havent done that before, but you have the right attitude, just start over.

I love BBQ chips, infact having some for lunch today.. I didnt log the couple I ate putting them in the baggie :happy:
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    my temptations are bread, pasta, potatoes, bagels, rice, chinese food and buffalo wild wings
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    chocolate... if it's around, I'll eat it. I may eat it slowly, somehow that makes me feel better??? lol... But, I will munch and munch until its gone and I got a whole new jelly roll the next day. I am 5'2", so it doesn't take much for me to develop a new roll ;p
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love chips! I'd say chips are my biggest temptation. Omg and Chinese! Love the stuff! Ice cream, but I can usually control portions on ice cream
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think this happens to all of us, but what we gotta remember is that just because you didn't log it, doesn't mean you didn't eat it. Because of my weight, my periods are all out of wack. I wont have one for 2 or 3 months, then I have it for an entire MONTH. During that month, it's hard to say no to anything food wise, especially chocolate. Since I know this, I just don't keep chocolate in my house, and if I want a small piece, I buy it, eat a little, and give the rest to my husband to take care of.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Love the "it's a new day" attitude. That's what keeps us on track. We're in it for the long haul, understanding there will be hurdles along the way. Personally, I can pass up fast food any day but have a huge weakness for chewy chocolate (cakes and brownies) and peanut butter!
  • shannontrevino
    shannontrevino Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Junk food....ice cream and any kind of chips are my weakness. I don't allow them in the house...that's how bad it is.
  • princessekrystale
    Options
    I definitely have to go with JUNK food - Sweet ones tho ...
    Im not a big fan of chips, but I have such a sweet tooth!!!

Anyway, I have to confess I've done that before too :-)
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Junk foods, definately. I find I can over-munch on just about anything. I've done good not going through the drive-thru for food: The last time I did, it was to Taco bell on 6/12 and the time before that was to McDonalds on 5/28.

We eat out a lot though, but I try to make healthy choices when we do....

PS - (White) Chocolate and popcorn are my favorite choices of munchies.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My darling boyfriend brought home these delicious homemade chocolate cupcakes with soft, sweet, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate frosting and white chocolate decorations.

I ate 1 and only 1; BUT I thought about licking the frosting off of every single cupcake :tongue: :blushing:

I restrained though and the 1 cupcake was delightful. Also, they were nice normal sized cupcakes, not giant muffin sized things.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I would do the following: Go back and log it into your diary because you don't want to lie to yourself. Remember how you felt after you finished the chips. Think about the next time this temptation will come up and either plan for a healthier snack or plan another activity to take your mind off the food.

After all that, let it go and enjoy the new day.
  • Daffydilly
    Daffydilly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mine's chocolate, but it has to be really, really cold, I can't eat it warm or even at room temperature.

I still have chocolate in the house, in tiny snack sized portions, like Kitkats or treat sized bars but I keep them out of the fridge, which holds me off for a while. If I decide I absolutely have to have chocolate I put just one piece in the fridge for 'later' and frequently either forget to eat it or discover that I don't actually want it.

I haven't actually not logged anything but then it's early days and the novelty factor is still there for me.

Keep up the good work.
  • skystew2003
    Options
    My temptation is pasta, white wine! I do too feel guilty about eating pasta, and since I know have to document my food intake I tend to eat "bad" food less! Yesterday was funny because, I walked by my stationary bike about 10 times and I swear it was talking to me and making me feel guilty for not jumping on it and exercise!
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    my temptation is ice cream... however, I don't keep any in the house.
    If i really want it that bad, it means i have to get in my car, drive somewhere and order it, and I won't do it because I hate going alone. lol

i have my moments where I can eat go for sweet or salty. I have a new addiction to kettlecorn. My trick is I will measure out the serving size and put the bag away. sit down and enjoy it, and I won't go back for more. I consider that my treat.

I like the "its a new day" and i won't let what I did bad yesterday reflect my decisions today.
    :):)
  • aml31
    aml31 Posts: 57
    Options
    Do I really have to choose? I love them both. But I absolutely :heart: CHOCOLATE. reeses is my fave!!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I have always been a little proud of my self control with food, even chocolate and ice cream, which are big time favs for me.... until I met sea salt pita chips. Seriously. I have eaten a whole bag in a sitting. I have never done that before with anything!! I have to weight out a double portion just so I dont do it again!! I really shouldnt buy them at all.
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles :heart:
    I used to crave a packet every day, but now, thanks to MFP, my addiction has been replaced with the mini bags of Haribos, at only 38 calories a bag, I do treat myself some days :smile:
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Do I really have to choose? I love them both. But I absolutely :heart: CHOCOLATE. reeses is my fave!!

YES! Reeses are by far my favorite candy. I like the ones w/ the peanuts....YUMMY!!! =)
  • previn84
    previn84 Posts: 48
    Options
    Fast food is a real temptation for me. If I must give in I try to load up my burger with veggies if possible and skip the processed cheese and heavy mayo.
    But my real downfall is CHOCOLATE! I love it. I've learned to try to get my fix by eating a small bowl of chocolate frozen yogurt drizzed with little bit of caramel syrup and couple crushed almonds on top.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I crave salty and occassionly fruity chewy candy but lately....Caramel sauce, but just the caramel sauce. I don't want ice cream or anything, I want caramel sauce by the spoonful. I have no idea. I've never particularly liked it before but I can't stop thinking about it. Unfortunately, it also makes me sick. So I just stare at it in the grocery store, heave a sigh (no seriously, it helps), and walk away and get extra asparagus because it is my favorite.