"Onederland" a letdown?

Options
SabrinaJL
SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
My short term goal has been to get to "onederland" before going home on 7/8. Every time I start eating right and working out, going home destroys my efforts. I had hoped that being under 200 (which I haven't been in at LEAST a decade), would be the incentive I need to keep up with my healthy habits even when confronted with my fave restaurants and my parents awesome (but unhealthy) cooking.

Today I stepped on the scale and it showed 199.0. Instead of being excited and happy, I was skeptical. I weighed a 30lb dumbbell several times just to be sure the scale wasn't a lying liar. Then I stepped on the scale several more times and it said 198.8 (I logged it as 199 though). Once again, instead of being happy, I started thinking, "Well, you're going for a burger with Nik today and the 4th of July is coming up so you'll probably be back over 200 next week."

WTF? Why can't I just be happy for myself? Anyone else experience this kind of thing?

Edit because I said I logged it as 190. I wish it were 190 already. lol

Replies

• KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It will be 190 before you know it! Maybe it's a letdown because you know it's just a number? It's a very nice milestone, of course. I don't know - but try to be happy for yourself! Think how happy you'd be and what you'd say to congratulate one of your MFP friends for the same accomplishment! :smile:
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are in denial? Look at your self in the mirror and tell your reflection how seriously hard you rock! You did it! YOU made it! ROCK ON!!

We all have slips, but don't beat your self up over it. Now go celebrate!!

WOOOOOOOOO!! Onerderland add one more to your population count!! *check mark in the air*
  • SewJoe
    SewJoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You're skeptical because you want to continue eating the things that got you where you are. You already know you want that burger today and your holiday weekend is still focused on eating. Don't stand in your own way. Your eating habits must change and they must change for life. Focus on eating healthy without feeling deprived. I am being very harsh here, no sugar coating. I love burgers, but now eat them on a pile of lettuce with no bun and no mayo. I eat fruit, but when I want a guilty pleasure I take about 1/4 the cookie, cake, margarita, whatever it may be. I have been about 50-60 pounds overweight for about 18 years now, and have finally made the mental commitment to get healthy and get my body back. I used to think like you describe, but I cannot ever go back. I stayed fat for so long that I am now older and wish I had been thin when I was in my 'hot chick' years. Take a hard look at your eating habits and a very hard look on how you want to eat in the future. Weight loss fails when people let down their guard and go back to old eating habits. It all sucks, but you'll get used to it because you'll be so happy about the way you look and feel.
  • KTCali
    KTCali Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can relate, but just remember no matter what the scale ends up saying you are still kicking *kitten* and you will eventually get way below where you are now.

I am very proud of you and your loss no matter how you feel about it ...and CONGRATS on Onederland it looks great on you :heart:
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderful! Dont get down on yourself. I was dreading gaining when i went on vacation last month. But to my surprise i got home and lost a pound. You dont go home as often as you get to work out, so enjoy yourself while on your trip, and when you get home you'll get right back into the swing of things!!!
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think it's our mind set. Because we are use to not eating right and losing weight and when we do we still have the same mind set. So we have to change our way of thinking and our life style. Like when you see ppl that lost a ton and weight and looks great but to them they still see that same fat person in the mirror. Just stay positive and in good thoughts you will get there and learn to be happy for yourself.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! Kristyn, you're right. I was stressing out before my trip to Louisiana to see my brother and his new baby too. I finally told myself to relax and enjoy it. I worked out almost every day that I was there, but I didn't worry too much about what I ate and when I got back, I was down a pound.

SewJoe, I'm actually skeptical because my scale gives me really different weights and I never know which to trust.. lol Honestly, I think the self-imposed deadline is what's bugging me. I hate feeling pressured about this. Feeling like I HAVE to be under 200 by then or I'll have failed.