Is it only me.... Or does this happen to everyone?!

Options
2»

Replies

• cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    In the book, "You! On a Diet" it says, (and I paraphrase) if you slip up (say eat 1/2 a cake or go for an extra slice of pizza) simply make a "U-Turn." It likens it to the GPS system in your car... if you miss a turn, it doesn't say... well, you've screwed up now, you might as well go all the way in the wrong direction. No. Instead it says, at your next possible opportunity, make a U-Turn. Using this logic, there is no longer such a thing as a "gateway" food or an excuse to give up. Because if you screw up, just make a U-Turn and get back on the right course
  • jenellechan26
    Options
    definitly just being lazy about what I eat :/
  • jenellechan26
    Options
    In the book, "You! On a Diet" it says, (and I paraphrase) if you slip up (say eat 1/2 a cake or go for an extra slice of pizza) simply make a "U-Turn." It likens it to the GPS system in your car... if you miss a turn, it doesn't say... well, you've screwed up now, you might as well go all the way in the wrong direction. No. Instead it says, at your next possible opportunity, make a U-Turn. Using this logic, there is no longer such a thing as a "gateway" food or an excuse to give up. Because if you screw up, just make a U-Turn and get back on the right course

WOW thank you so much! I love that analogy! Thank you so much for sharing this :)
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    It has happened to me too! I did really well for 5 weeks or so. Now its been 5 more weeks of struggling to get back! Hang in there. You are not alone!
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    When I slip up I try really hard not to beat myself up, simply I believe if you mess up and something bad make the healthiest choice as soon as you can. Personally I don't wait till tomorrow to get back on the horse I try to it the very next moment. With all the great people here and my wife at home it helps with a good kick in the rump too lol