light active?

Options
mk820
mk820 Posts: 137 Member
I put light active on my setting when I started this. I have worn a pedometer all this week and average 6 miles of walking just during a normal day. Who knew?
Should I up my setting to active? It is such a subjective thing.
Anyone have a clue?
thanks

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I'd leave it light for a while. If you are losing too fast then change it. IF you enter active it will give you more calories.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I put light active on my setting when I started this. I have worn a pedometer all this week and average 6 miles of walking just during a normal day. Who knew?
    Should I up my setting to active? It is such a subjective thing.
    Anyone have a clue?
    thanks

Do you log any of this walking as exercise in the exercise tab? If you do then you may want to change to sedentary, but I would suggest keeping you at light active, and don't log the walking in the exercise tab.
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I set mine as desk job (because i do have a desk job). Any additional exercise (walk, walking up the 26 floors) i do, I log it.
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this, too, so I played around with it and there is a less than 500 calorie difference for "calories burned from normal daily activity" for me (5'6 female) between if I put "sedentary" and "highly active" lifestyle. Furthermore, since I don't have SO much to lose, even though I put that I want to lose 2 pounds per week, the maximum it will let me lose is 1.4 pounds per week because they never want you to go under 1,200 calories (which is healthy) so even if I said I was a "highly active" lifestyle and wanted to still lose 2 pounds per week, they only gave me like an extra 150 calories per day if I didn't exercise. So all I'm saying is that unless you have a lot to lose (which I don't think you do based on your little ticker thing at the bottom) the difference between "light" and "active" won't really do a lot except give you maybe an extra 50 calories per day.
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't log any of this walking as excercise. I guess I just wanted more calories. LOL
    Whatever I'm doing is working so I guess I'll leave it alone. Rats!!!!