Liquid Diet Day

Options
I've found one thing that really helps me to get on track each week. On Sundays, I only consume liquids, such as Atkins Shakes for each meal, decaf green tea (hot or cold) with Splenda, fruit juice with no sugar added, even Kool-Aid made using Splenda. That seems to set me up for the week, and also helps clean out my system. Believe it or not, it works!

Also, I never drink soda pop. I grew up practically living on it. Now at 63, I have osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. The doctor told me that drinking sodas would cause bone density loss. Now I take Boniva once a month, fighting acid reflux, drink at least 8 cups of water a day (2 before each meal and one with my medication at 8:00pm). Keeps that belly full and my mind off eating stuff that's bad for me. I'm an artist (painting mini-quilt square blocks on wood now), so I can always get involved in a new project and that keeps me from thinking about food.

I try to walk at least 30 minutes a day and wear a Go Walking - Talking Calorie Counter that lets me know how far I've gone (miles), how many minutes I've walked, how many steps I've walked, and how many calories I've used in the process. I love it!

Good luck, MFP friends, and hope some of my advice has helped you as much as yours helps me.

"God Bless Us Everyone"
Marti in Kentucky

Replies

• mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    I've found one thing that really helps me to get on track each week. On Sundays, I only consume liquids, such as Atkins Shakes for each meal, decaf green tea (hot or cold) with Splenda, fruit juice with no sugar added, even Kool-Aid made using Splenda. That seems to set me up for the week, and also helps clean out my system. Believe it or not, it works!

Also, I never drink soda pop. I grew up practically living on it. Now at 63, I have osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. The doctor told me that drinking sodas would cause bone density loss. Now I take Boniva once a month, fighting acid reflux, drink at least 8 cups of water a day (2 before each meal and one with my medication at 8:00pm). Keeps that belly full and my mind off eating stuff that's bad for me. I'm an artist (painting mini-quilt square blocks on wood now), so I can always get involved in a new project and that keeps me from thinking about food.

I try to walk at least 30 minutes a day and wear a Go Walking - Talking Calorie Counter that lets me know how far I've gone (miles), how many minutes I've walked, how many steps I've walked, and how many calories I've used in the process. I love it!

Good luck, MFP friends, and hope some of my advice has helped you as much as yours helps me.

"God Bless Us Everyone"
    Marti in Kentucky
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea!

Happy to hear it works for you!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!
  • sheyna
    sheyna Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your osteoporosis and osteoarthritis, I hope your pain is controlled, sounds like you're doing a great job being healthy now though! That's great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!