OK, Where To Buy a HRM From?

Options
Okay, so I'm looking at various HRM's, and will prolly replace my Sportline with a Polar (F6, F7, or F11... still making up my mind). But my question here is, can anyone reccommend a good place to buy a unit from? So far, pricing online and at best Buy is the same, as is warranty, etc. So any comments are welcome, thanx! :glasses:

Oh and it's just not fair! You wimmens get all the fun colors, us guys get stuck with boring grey, or dead blue. Hrmpfh. :grumble:

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm looking at various HRM's, and will prolly replace my Sportline with a Polar (F6, F7, or F11... still making up my mind). But my question here is, can anyone reccommend a good place to buy a unit from? So far, pricing online and at best Buy is the same, as is warranty, etc. So any comments are welcome, thanx! :glasses:

Oh and it's just not fair! You wimmens get all the fun colors, us guys get stuck with boring grey, or dead blue. Hrmpfh. :grumble:
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    get it where you don't have to pay shipping.

Sorry they don't have any sparkly colors for ya
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Yeah, most places are offering free overnight, or 2 day shipping I've noticed. And phooey on not being able to get it in Sparkle kilt Green! :laugh: :drinker:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from the polar website and got free 2nd day shipping. I think it's polar.com and you can compare all of their models there also.:smile:
  • tspraggs
    Options
    I guess I am a great big nut but I have no idea what a HRM is? Can you tell me, who knows I might want one.

Thressa
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    It's a heart rate monitor and it tells you how many calories you burn doing exercises by measuring your heart rate as you exercise.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    jamerz if it makes you feel any better, they have like 1 green EVER made! I looked and looked and finally picked up my pink (yuck!) sorry LIVI!! polar F6

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it. Especially when I look back in the log and see how many calories I burned as opposed to NONE prior to MFP!!

If I see any good deals, I will let cha know bro!:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I bought mine and my daughter's from E-bay.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Thanx all for the advice and luv! :flowerforyou: Kinda strange that today , all of a sudden, we have these HRM threads, like sumpn is in the air? Anyways, I'll keep looking, I saw on amazon I could get a F11 for $149, everywhere else is $159. So we'll see. Does anyone know if Polar actually does ever put them on sale? It seem EVERYWHERE I looked had a "sale" price of $159. KInda like gas, when ever I need to fill up, the price goes up! :wink:
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanx all for the advice and luv! :flowerforyou: Kinda strange that today , all of a sudden, we have these HRM threads, like sumpn is in the air? Anyways, I'll keep looking, I saw on amazon I could get a F11 for $149, everywhere else is $159. So we'll see. Does anyone know if Polar actually does ever put them on sale? It seem EVERYWHERE I looked had a "sale" price of $159. KInda like gas, when ever I need to fill up, the price goes up! :wink:

You're so funny--I don't even look at gas prices anymore--I figure I'm going to need it no matter what. I started looking at HRM's my cash flow doesn't allow a fancy one like you (I could bedazzle you a SKG one jamerz--I've got mad craft skills) I was wondering if the cheaper models work okay (like the $30 range) Any words of wisdom anyone?
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bought mine at heartmonitors.com
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

I saw the F6 on sale at Sports Authority for $110, I think.

I was wondering though...I also saw the F4 @ $89. Will the F4 be okay? I mean twenty bucks is twenty bucks, ya know? Anyone have any reviews on the F4?

BTW, they weren't sold at the counter. They were sold along one of the isles. I found the same to be true at Academy Sports. Haven't checked out any other sports stores around here.