whats you 4th of july meal plan?

Options
freakaleek1
freakaleek1 Posts: 58 Member
I always plan in advance. I am wanting to see what everyone is planing to eat for that day? I need some low calories yummy food ideas.

Replies

• butturfly2021
    Options
    instead of boiling crawfish we are boiling shrimp and corn and potatos! i might add a little bit of potato salad! (very little)
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    skipping the food and just drinking beer. i dont recommend this tho
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options

Too funny! I kinda agree.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Liquids only : )
  • butturfly2021
    Options
    lol too funny! great answer! :-)
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options

So wrong but oh sooo right! LOL

Will eat as normal during the first part of the day, the pool party later wil be where the interventions come in. I plan on grilling something that used to be cute and alive. The day before I will prepare the meat with a good seasoning rub, this will get me anticipating it and focused on it. Also, a good summer grilled vegatable like corn is always a draw. I will add a preportioned amount of any special treats I want. Lastly, I will forgo the high calorie / good beer and drink lighter cocktails...also pre-measured. Remembering to remain accountable and log everything keeps me from going all crazy in the moment.

Happy 4th!
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    I'm terrified! We're going to a BBQ at a friends. It's really going to test my will power!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    We are planning to grill a lot of veggies & fruit - plums, pineapple, asparagus, zucchini and pears. I found these great turkey/cheddar brats that are made by Johnsonville that are 120 calories a piece, pair that with a grilled veggie salad and a lo-cal bun and I'm set! :) Yummy! Plus I want to make sure i have enough grilled fruits/veggies to make a grilled veggie salad for the next day. Super Yum!!

I was thinking about chopping up a brat and make a huge brat/grilled veggie salad!
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I am taking the day off to eat and drink what I want - in moderation - except for the drinking! :drinker:
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    BBQ Chicken on the Grill, Tabouleh salad and watermelon! Filling, low cal and delicious! (Staying away from hotdogs, burgers and sausage this weekend!)
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    What is the 4th of July without a little fresh watermelon?

Otherwise, I plan to count calories as usual. If I know I'm going to be around lots of food, I eat a big bowl of oatmeal before I go. That fills me up so I'm not fighting both the "I'm hungry" and "That looks good" feelings at the same time.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken and veggies on kabobs , corn on the cob, veggie burgers
    and turkey hotdogs, fresh fruit salad and cauliflower (potato) salad yummm
  • Goal4Good
    Options
    Take something you like with you that you can nibble on! Like hummus dip and sliced carrots for dipping. Oh and have you ever tried Crystal Light? I just tried it (cause I usually drink water) but they have a Cherry Pomgrante flavor that is delicious! Add some Diet Ginger Ale to it and you have a zero calorie sparkling water that actually tastes good and fruity. And because its sweet, it takes the edge off the hunger. Good Luck!
  • meldaniel
    meldaniel Posts: 111
    Options

LOL! Funny! I have been wondering this myself. I have come up with grilling myself a tuna steak to have in place of hamburgers with the rest of them, and doing a crab boil with lots of peel and eat shrimp...we do a big BBQ with primarily ribs and pork shoulder so I will just try to scale out the fats and breads out of that meal. But...we'll be swimming and moving around the whole 4 days so I am going to make an effort to get in as much play-exercise as possible and just relax and have fun, too. :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    We are planning to grill a lot of veggies & fruit - plums, pineapple, asparagus, zucchini and pears. I found these great turkey/cheddar brats that are made by Johnsonville that are 120 calories a piece, pair that with a grilled veggie salad and a lo-cal bun and I'm set! :) Yummy! Plus I want to make sure i have enough grilled fruits/veggies to make a grilled veggie salad for the next day. Super Yum!!

I was thinking about chopping up a brat and make a huge brat/grilled veggie salad!

I just heard about the turkey brats gonna try them !!! Do you like them?
  • Goal4Good
    Options
    Oops.....still trying to nagivate the workings of posting. My comment was directed to spinurbuttoff. Cool user name BTW!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Minimum of 60 min of Zumba to start with. :wink:

Then a cookout with family & friends - not sure of the menu yet but probably shrimp and either chicken breasts or lean steaks (if I can find them). Grilled onions and peppers and maybe a pasta salad (whole grain, of course) with plenty of fresh veggies and some grilled peaches and pineapple drizzled with molasses for dessert. And 2 big pitchers of sangria - one with wine, and one without for the kiddies.

We are putting up a water slide so should burn some calories in addition to Zumba but I'll probably still go over on calories. But that's okay. It's only one day.
  • Veronica1880
    Options
    lean fajitas and lettuce and tomato
    and pineapple grilled ;)
  • freakaleek1
    freakaleek1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that we are going to due some bbq turkey burgers, I am going to just use lettuce as my buns. Then some veggie trays and fruit trays as well. I really hope i can contain my self around what everyone else brings. I have asked them to bring healthy food. we will see. :)
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am going to get my workout in and then just play it by ear. I love all meat on the grill so definitely a lot of protein will be eaten. Lots of Salad -Tossed, Lots of Veggies and maybe some fat free Jello-shooters...(LOL). Gonna get some of the Banana pudding if its on the menu. I will not be deprived but will get my workout in on all days through the long weekend. And Lord knows .... I will get me some Steamed Crabs In! Light on the Old Bay....LOL