breakfast ideas

Does anyone have any good breakfast recipes? I was looking for a quiche recipe that I could make a head of time and heat it up in the morning.

Replies

• shultz77
    shultz77 Posts: 5 Member
    Does anyone have any good breakfast recipes? I was looking for a quiche recipe that I could make a head of time and heat it up in the morning.
  • Aisha
    Aisha Posts: 10
    egg white omelette with a little bit of low fat cheese. yuk.

I like that organic puffed oat cereal with a little bit of splenda. easier to face in the morning. good luck
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    I like peanut butter toast if it's early, I know I have to eat something but nothing really appeals to me at 5:30 so atleast it gets me started.

If time 4egg whites with tomato, jalapeno, 1/2 oz LF cheese and a 1/4 avocado is what I really like after my workout.
  • shultz77
    shultz77 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    egg whites, broc, asparagus, green onion, red onions, bell peppers scrambled with a bit of salsa and some fat free cheese.
  • miche1e
    miche1e Posts: 11
    a quick fix for mornings with time challenges is ezekiel toast w/ almond butter and sliced banana (approx. 4" serving size). with this, you get a proper serving of carbs, protein, and fat (according to exchange program).
  • lowcal french toast:
    2 slices lowfat whole wheat bread
    mix 1 egg, cinnamon, splash soy milk or nonfat milk
    soak bread in mixture then cook in skillet with fat-free cooking spray till brown.
    store in baggie and pop in toaster oven in the AM then top with a little honey or lowfat syrup for an extra 100 calories. delicious.
  • i usually just have a bowl of healthy cereal with a side of fruit like a banana or orange
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Low sugar fat free yogurt with grapenuts
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Cooked oats or Oat Bran with protein powder (whey isolate). It takes only the time to cook the oats in the microwave and stir in the powder...you can mix in some PB for some fat as well.
  • check out foodnetwork.com or allrecipes.com, they have a lot of recipes. with any quiche you can cook it ahead and eat it later. another great italian dish is called a frittata, i recommend looking that up as well. this recipe can be eaten warm or cold and you can also put any type of veggie with it, substituting eggs with egg whites or eggbeaters. enjoy!