Should net calories change?

Options
I have been thinking recently...if my net calorie goal is based on my weight, height, gender, and weight loss goal, shouldn't it change as my weight changes? For example, if someone loses 10 pounds, then their weight:height ratio is changed, and a different amount of calories would sustain their current weight, so they would need to eat less to lost weight. Just wondering what others think about this.

Also, I found recently that I've been eating much more filling foods with high fiber and a lot more fruits and veggies. This means I am not meeting my calorie goals by a few hundred calories, even though I still feel like I'm eating plenty. Thoughts on this would also be helpful. :)

Replies

• emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    yes you have to manually change it under your goals everytime you loose weight...fyi
  • Girlbirder
    Girlbirder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you go into the section for your goals, you should see your calories change in there (your deficit should decrease if you lose weight). If you are at 1200 calories it won't decrease as that is the lowest set by MFP. You will also notice the calories you burn through exercise decrease too!
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Mine automatically changed after I lost a certain about of weight...I think it was 30 pounds....It sent me a notification on my android app telling me that due to the weight loss, my calorie goal was reset automatically...I didn't have to do a thing.
    Hope this helps!
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much weight, but I also only have about 15 pounds left to lose (I lost about 15 pounds before discovering this site). So I guess that is why it hasn't changed on its own. I was just wondering - thanks for confirming my logic!