Chicken Quesadillas...NOT!!

Options
Okay...so my wonderful husband just took me out for a nice lunch and I looked at the menu and I decided to go with the chicken quesadillia thinking it would be pretty good for me. I also went with a soup instead of french fries thinking that this would keep me on track. When we got home, I dutifully came and typed in my food.

I was shocked!!!!! The lunch I had was over 1000 calories. I now have to go and work out on the treadmill for at least a hour to make up for lunch and give myself back some calories for supper.

So to every who thinks these are a healthier choice.......NOW YOU (and I) KNOW.

Periphria

Replies

• Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Options
    Okay...so my wonderful husband just took me out for a nice lunch and I looked at the menu and I decided to go with the chicken quesadillia thinking it would be pretty good for me. I also went with a soup instead of french fries thinking that this would keep me on track. When we got home, I dutifully came and typed in my food.

I was shocked!!!!! The lunch I had was over 1000 calories. I now have to go and work out on the treadmill for at least a hour to make up for lunch and give myself back some calories for supper.

So to every who thinks these are a healthier choice.......NOW YOU (and I) KNOW.

Periphria
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    yikes! 'm sorry...when all else fails default back to salads or veggies and grilled meats...
  • mhildreth66
    mhildreth66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I always look online for the nutritional values of different meals for whatever restraunt we are going to. Many chains have them online which I cannot wait until all restraunts have to post nutritional values for the foods the offer!

For those of you who like PF Changs............once you see the calorie count for their food, you might not go back!!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I don't eat out.

From time to time, I get a BK southwestern salad with chicken on the side. It's still quite a lot of calories, but I only do it once in awhile (like only once a month at this point).

And don't even bother with RAllys (Checkers). They don't post their nutrition info ANYWHERE. :devil:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    lol, I hear you on this issue. I recently went to dinner with my boyfriend. He had the roastbeef sandwich on rye with sauce etc. I thought I would be good and have the only chicken sandwich on the menu. It was an eye opener when I got home! His sandwich was less than half the calories of mine! (it probably didnt help that my sandwich was on focacia bread and spread with pesto.

Live and learn!
    :drinker:
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Options
    well.....I just spent 45 minutes on the treadmill so I can eat some dinner, but I still feel awful about the whole thing. I work to hard to make such a silly mistake. As someone said "Live and Learn" LOL
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    One reason I LOVE Pollo Loco--there's not one close to else but every time we go to Virginia Beach, we eat there. They post all their nutritional info on their website AND on the wall at their restaurant.

AND, they have a low-calorie option menu that includes a grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast with steamed vegis that is great!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am learning. Either I eat what I want and let it ride
    or
    I check it out before I go.

I had a bad/sad/funny situation with Olive Garden. I asked the server if they had anything light. She suggests the grilled shrimp on angel hair pasta. I get it but by the time it came I had a bowl of minestrone soup and a garlic stick so only ate a few bites. Took it home for hubby....

When I looked it up it was 1550 calories ALONE and almost 3000 in sodium. LIGHT???

I am no fool, worked in the biz for years. I swear I was in denial because I so wanted to eat with my friends.

A good restaraunt is Applebees if you have one. They have a WW menu and it is really tasty! I go there with DH when I want a quesadilla I dont have to cook myself.

Well, your Ok now cuz ya ran ya butt off on the treadmill!! Have a good night!