Maize Adventure

Options
hiya peeps! I went to a Maize (Corn) adventure today and thought to myself wow this would be great to share on MFP.

This particular maze (on the correct path w/o mistakes) is 4.3 miles from start to finish but of course we goofed and had to back track...a lot... and go up and down a couple sets of stairs. But we made it out of there in an hour exactly! I burned almost 600 calories!!! (And I didn't even include all the walking around the 100 acres grounds that we trekked across) It was a lot of fun we were all laughing and of course sweating our butts off but it was FUN and even though the intention was not to go "workout" but to just get out and do something different for a change I couldn't help but feeling like my clothes were getting loser as we tredged on and I was getting smaller!

So to anyone looking for a more laid back work out or a little change up or something even to include the kids in on this was great!
Take advantage of the beauty of fall and the changing colors...

Replies

• Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    hiya peeps! I went to a Maize (Corn) adventure today and thought to myself wow this would be great to share on MFP.

This particular maze (on the correct path w/o mistakes) is 4.3 miles from start to finish but of course we goofed and had to back track...a lot... and go up and down a couple sets of stairs. But we made it out of there in an hour exactly! I burned almost 600 calories!!! (And I didn't even include all the walking around the 100 acres grounds that we trekked across) It was a lot of fun we were all laughing and of course sweating our butts off but it was FUN and even though the intention was not to go "workout" but to just get out and do something different for a change I couldn't help but feeling like my clothes were getting loser as we tredged on and I was getting smaller!

So to anyone looking for a more laid back work out or a little change up or something even to include the kids in on this was great!
    Take advantage of the beauty of fall and the changing colors...
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Good idea! When my boyfriend comes back in a week or so, I'll have to talk him into going to our local maise.:happy:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love maize mazes. I'm actually going next weekend and hopefully by then I'll have a heart rate monitor and calorie counter to measure the benefits other than getting lost for a few hours. Have you ever done one of these maizes by flashlight? even more difficult and more walking.