Chicago Marathon

Options
Just got back from cheering on some people running today...I'm so motivated! I SO TOTALLY want to do it next year, I get so excited thinking about it...anyone ran one? Training tips? I know I could figure it out online and find a local training club...but just curious for tips from fellow MFPs!

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Just got back from cheering on some people running today...I'm so motivated! I SO TOTALLY want to do it next year, I get so excited thinking about it...anyone ran one? Training tips? I know I could figure it out online and find a local training club...but just curious for tips from fellow MFPs!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    check out www.coolrunning.com it's got some good info!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the Yuengling Shamrock Half Marathon in March. I may do the Dolphin Challenge and run the 8k Saturday and HM Sunday. I haven't run one before, so I'm really looking forward to it! I get my info from runnersworld.com.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I haven't run the Chicago marathon, but have lots of friends that have (I'm just downstate a couple hrs). My friends ran it last year in the brutal weather!! (one was able to finish, the other was not)

There are lots of great training articles at http://www.runnersworld.com

I did run the Quad Cities marathon 2 years ago. I've run a couple half marathons also. Let me know if you need any training advice. A year is plenty of time to train for a marathon! Work your way up gradually, get good shoes, and get ready to run!!

Jess