Cooking ! =(

WinterWedding2013
WinterWedding2013 Posts: 23
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
I hate cooking. I work 2 jobs and have to go to physical therapy 4x a week for a car accident I was in...

I need ideas people!!!!! HELP! ::yawn:

Replies

• dejavux86
    dejavux86 Posts: 1
    I can kind of relate, I don't mind cooking but sometimes when I get home from work cooking is the last thing I want to do. I have a couple of suggestions. The first is on a day that you do have some time, make a bigg batch of something you like and put it in individual servings, and freeze it so that way you just pull out one serving that you already portioned out and pop it in the oven/stove depending on what it is.

My second suggestion would be to maybe when you go grocery shopping get things that are like semi ready made like the veggie side dishes you just steam so you only have to worry about an entre. Hope that helps! good luck :)
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    The crockpot is your friend...
  • babynurse123
    babynurse123 Posts: 50 Member
    I definely agree, the crock pot is the way to go!
  • RoseVernon
    RoseVernon Posts: 88
    I like to cut up bell peppers and dip in a low fat ranch dressing. :o) No cooking involved.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    i agree with all of this. one day a week, bake a bunch of chicken breasts. just pop it in the oven and let it cook then you have chicken cooked all week. change up the sides so you dont get bored with it. you can make it into a sandwich, throw it in a salad, etc. then maybe get some steamable veggies and you have your meals. low sodium lunch meat is ok for a quick sandwich. if you have a crock pot there are a bunch of recipes you can get and it can cook while youre at work. every once in a while it is ok to eat a lean cuisine or other pre-packaged meal but try not to make a habit of it...fresh is better! salads, hummus and pita bread is filling and will keep for a while in the fridge too if you like that.
This discussion has been closed.