This weird but anybody get upset they can't eat as much.

Options
I sometimes get upset that I get full earlier because pigging out or eating out was a source of entertainment and I feel I don't get full enjoyment cause I can't eat a giant meal because I wanna be skinny and I get full easier. I kow this is ridculous because I should be happy I'm full sooner. these are th type of things I am facing and feeling and having to change. It is ok too not finish ur plate.

Replies

• azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i think its normal to feel that way. If you associate fun and socializing with good food then yeah, you feel like your lacking in fun at times. Eventually your emotional habit will change. Just keep going! :)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Of course! This is one of the habits I must focus on. Eating is NOT meant to be entertainment. At least not as much as I was using it for entertainment in the past. I have been trying to replace it with walking, house projects, reading, etc. Habits are hard to break, but it CAN be done. :smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I used to get five plates of food at the chinese buffet. Now I can only do three. :cry: I'm not getting my money's worth!
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The important part of those time out is the time spent with friends and family. The food is just part of the experience. I also like that I typically take something home now. I feel like I'm getting more for my money.
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I a feeling kind of the same way too. I guess were not alone at least. Another thing I've noticed is things just don't taste the same to me....if I do have a burger or ice cream it's not as satisfying as it used to be. But, I think that's a good thing! Good luck on your journey.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you have to be willing to be uncomfortable. You are doing something different and at first it will be uncomfortable but with time it will becore the new normal.
  • princilam99
    princilam99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Oh I can so relate to this. My husband and I were (still struggling with it) entertainment eaters. After putting the kids to bed we pop in a movie and this would be "our time" to pig out. It's ridiculous the habits that you can develop! Anyway, now we still have "our time" of course, but we are eating a lot less and getting fuller faster. Which of course is a good thing, but we are feeling like "hey! where's the fun?" You are not alone, it's a habit and the only thing that will help you break this habit is time...
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Life as we know it is very much a social eating frenzie. Comfort, enjoyment, happiness is all associated because of the feelings we link to it when we do it. The mindless way we eat and the behaviours we make doing this can be the very thing which sabotages our dieting efforts. I say dieting really doesn't work...a changing of lifestyle/ behaviours is what does. For if we don't change our lifestyle, we can resume back to the way we use to eat after we have lost ...only to regain again... and usually it's more.

Changing our mindset is an ongoing thing, and one we have to struggle with... old habits and ways of thinking die hard... but in time it is possible.

A good book to read is "Mindless Eating" by Brian Wansink
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    No, I certainly feel this way sometimes too. It kind of depends on what my mind set was when I ordered or made the food. With homemade foods I don't find this to be a problem but with store bought food or when I go out to eat I do. Like when I am in the mood for something like a burger and get half way through and I'm just ugh!! Not all the time but if I've made up my mind to have an all out cheat day where there are no rules I feel like "what is the point of cheating if I can't eat as much as I want?!?!"
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have and still do feel this way often. I used to eat ALL of the time when I was bored, and that is why now I have to space out my meals. If I finish my caloric intake for the day too early, I get annoyed and want to eat. I don't even want to know how many calories I took in each day before I started my diet. One big thing is that you should stop eating while you watch television because that becomes a habit.
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LOL! That's exactly what I mean u go to Bennihana's and u can't eat all ur expensive dinner. But at least u have lunch the next day. I want to go eat here or there when I m bored but i can't cause Ill over eat or get full too fast. Saves money though. I can't find anything I like as much as food. lol.